Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:09 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,829 times

Advertisements

Whos better than mike. An artist who was a legend by the age of 12 out singing and out dancing grown ment- to an adult megastar. The amount of classics under his voice from childhood to adulthood is uncalled for

He composes music and is the greatest dancer to ever hit the stage. He created mtv with thriller and pioneered the art of music videos. Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time. He won the most grammy's. The history tour is the biggest tour of all time. Bad has the most number one singles from an album. Mj was a monster, who could touch him?

Old 06-04-2010, 06:53 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,248,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Whos better than mike. An artist who was a legend by the age of 12 out singing and out dancing grown ment- to an adult megastar. The amount of classics under his voice from childhood to adulthood is uncalled for

He composes music and is the greatest dancer to ever hit the stage. He created mtv with thriller and pioneered the art of music videos. Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time. He won the most grammy's. The history tour is the biggest tour of all time. Bad has the most number one singles from an album. Mj was a monster, who could touch him?
He started playing broomsticks and a ukulele when he was very young. After his mother died at around age 15, he got his first acoustic guitar. He started playing in local bands shortly after. He was in the U.S. ARMY 101st Airborne and was later signed with Little Richard and others. He then left the U.S. to go to the UK where he became a star there. After returning to the U.S., he became world famous and nearly every other guitar player followed him around the block to get a grip on what he was doing. Not wanting to go stale, he turned the corner anytime someone got close to him! After tragically dying at the young age of 27, he had already became known as the greatest guitarist that lived! His name and legacy, along with his music will remain until the end of days! His name was Jimi Hendrix! Maybe you have heard of him?

YouTube - Whole Lotta Shaking Going On - Little Richard (fet. Jimi Hendrix)

Last edited by 2RUGGED4YOU; 06-04-2010 at 07:07 PM..

Old 06-04-2010, 07:46 PM

lmao jimi hendrix is nothing to mike. Try harder. Thriller is http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RuxoCDfbjUbetter than anything jimi hendrix ever done

Old 06-04-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
lmao jimi hendrix is nothing to mike. Try harder. Thriller is http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RuxoCDfbjUbetter than anything jimi hendrix ever done
Thriller versus Voodoo Child! Are you serious?

YouTube - Jimi Hendrix-Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Old 06-04-2010, 11:53 PM

You have to ask yourself are u serious? Thriller was the biggest hit that a black artist ever created. Voodoochid is a favorite of mine. But it aint nothing compared to thriller- the biggest selling album of all time. Motown 25 is better than anything jimi ever done. Jimi doesnt have as big of an impact on music like michael. Thats truth....

try again

Old 06-05-2010, 04:28 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,321,355 times
I rate hundreds upon hundreds of bands and artists before Michael Jackson.
2Rugged is right,Jackson has nothing on Hendrix.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:05 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,286 times
Quote:

Come on, really? Don't get me wrong - many of Michael Jackson's songs are classics, but the guy isn't "untouchable." When you peel away all the hype from Jackson and get down purely to his songwriting, there are tons of artists who blow him away in that department. For example: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who.

I get the feeling that a lot of the Michael Jackson worship going around has a lot more to do with the hype built around him and his premature death than it does with his actual music purely on its own terms.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
Come on, really? Don't get me wrong - many of Michael Jackson's songs are classics, but the guy isn't "untouchable." When you peel away all the hype from Jackson and get down purely to his songwriting, there are tons of artists who blow him away in that department. For example: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who.

I get the feeling that a lot of the Michael Jackson worship going around has a lot more to do with the hype built around him and his premature death than it does with his actual music purely on its own terms.
I've been an mj fan long before his death. I just think mj is underrated(if you can believe that) And since he was a eight yeears old, it was all talent no hype

No. See this is the thing, mj wrote and composed a'lot of his music. He was mega mainstream and mega pop but what seperated him from others-madonna,elvis etc was that he had the music ability to back it up.

Voodoo child is awesome but not as unique,engaging,exciting as something like a Billie jean or beat it(both written and composed by him). The impact those two songs had with the population shows that.

So i ask again who better than mike jackson?

And the thriller album is better than anything the beatles ever done. Off the wall too. We can go pound for pound if you dont believe me. SGT pepper cant compare

Old 06-05-2010, 10:45 AM

I'd like to add someone else to the the list that played the blues with more feeling than most could muster up! He also tragically passed away way before his time! Depending on who you ask most will tie him with Hendrix! His name is Stevie Ray Vaughan! Maybe you heard of him?

YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood (Long version!)

YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Jeff Beck

Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 AM

351 posts, read 533,726 times
Michael Jackson is simply the greatest entertainer ever.

Michael had hit number 1's before puberty. You cant compete with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music