Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 08:02 AM

27 posts, read 60,724 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are planning a vacation to Myrtle Beach in August and I'm having a really hard time deciding on a hotel. I would like one that does not have a ton of kids running around and is also modern, clean, and preferably has a beach bar. I used to go to MB every year w/ my family when I was younger and we always stayed at Surfside, but I'm not really having good luck finding anything anywhere. Every hotel I find that has good reviews has indoor water parks and other kid-friendly activities.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 05:41 PM

245 posts, read 760,458 times
Toward the end of August there are not as many kids anyway as many schools start back mid august but my favorite place to stay that meets your requirements and isn't crowded with kids is Island Vista. I started staying there when we USED to vacation(instead of live here) and I didn't want to deal with other people's kids.Of the three times we stayed there for 10 days each time I only saw a hanful of children...TOTAL.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:38 AM

27 posts, read 60,724 times
Thank you SO much! I just checked out their website and it looks perfect. That's also good news about the kids being back in school. Up here they don't start back until September.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:44 PM

540 posts, read 1,676,210 times
They are going back to school August 23rd according to the Horry County School website. We, too, used to vacation down here (when I was a kid) the last 2 weeks of August, I suspect for the same reasons.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 AM

245 posts, read 760,458 times
I wasn't speaking of Horry County, I meant a lot of other Vactioning states(KY, IN, TN,GA) go back earlier.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:55 AM

540 posts, read 1,676,210 times
Oh, sorry. Thought that since she was coming here she may want to know when OUR kids were going back to school as well. I'd guess a good portion of kids you see around are actually from this area. But you're right, between everyone from those states, plus our surrounding areas all going back, she should have quite a bit of peace and quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area