Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,023 posts, read 6,510,209 times

Advertisements

I'm back in the area, probably for a while, and want to check out the best of what I probably have missed so far......

If you have an opinion of the following within, say, 15 miles north or south of Murrells Inlet, please share.

The best:

Happy Hour
Buffet
Seafood Buffet
Seafood Restruant
Bar with musical entertainment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 06:23 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,737,825 times
Original Shuckers Raw Bar (appetizers, happy hour, seafood)
300 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Flo's Place (appetizers, bloody marys, sandwiches)
3797 Hwy. 17
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina 29576

Dead Dog Saloon (for music)
4079 Hwy 17 Business
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576

Bonefish Grill (chain but still the best fish I've had here)
8703 Highway 17 Bypass S.
Surfside Beach, SC 29575

Old 10-01-2010, 10:30 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,854,219 times
I think I have a new co-favorite for music & scenic location. Went to Hannah Banana's Sunshine Cabana recently & they have done a nice job of cleaning this place up! They are trying very hard to maintain some decent musicians on the venue. Food is decent & it is right on the river at Wacca Wache Marina, so the view is great.

Pawleys Island Tavern is a good spot with good food & live music Thursday through Sunday's.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:33 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,801,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
The best Buffet
Prosser's, hands down. Good fried chicken, good bbq, several other meat choices, good selection of veggies prepared with Southern recipes, adequate salad bar. AYCE for $7.50 @ lunch. Ride by at noon and your first clue will be a full parking lot with a good mix of both local work trucks and Mercedes. It's got a big following.

Quote:
Seafood Buffet
Not these lips. A sacrilege to good seafood.

Quote:
Seafood Restruant
Russell's in MI - 'Nuff said. Freshest, friendliest, best prepared. Ignore all the nonsense you'll hear about Lee's and Nance's (only for oyster roasts) At one time they were both excellent but have relied on their reputation for too long.

River Room in Georgetown - our 2nd choice

Quote:
Bar with musical entertainment
Ditto on Dead Dog
Ditto on PI Tavern, particularly for some good blues
Also, depending on who's playing -
Kae Rae's, across from Capt Dick's
Spud's outdoor bar
Island Bar & Grille, PI - neat outdoor seating and stage as long as it's warm
Gazebo & Hot Fish Club - Mostly a kiddie's venue, but occasionally some decent adult music on Sunday evenings.
The Marlin, Garden City - A hook-up spot for the seniors crowd, but the only decent dance floor on the South end. Usually some live music on the weekend.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:36 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,801,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
I think I have a new co-favorite for music & scenic location. Went to Hannah Banana's Sunshine Cabana recently & they have done a nice job of cleaning this place up!
Thanks for the reminder. We'd given up on this place a couple owners ago. Had heard good things about Hannah Banana's but never got around to checking them out. We need to do that...

Old 10-02-2010, 09:21 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,650,716 times
Here's a list of things available today in the music scene:

Looking for weekend entertainment in the Myrtle Beach area? - Breaking News - TheSunNews.com (http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/10/02/1729443/looking-for-weekend-entertainment.html - broken link)

Old 10-02-2010, 12:23 PM

Great. Thanks to all. I will make up a list (based on your suggestions) and hope to try them all!

While I have the attention of the local knowledge base...... I think I should find a local doctor (GP). I will need to get my regular med prescriptions renewed soon. Suggestions close to MI?

Old 10-10-2010, 04:30 PM

245 posts, read 759,231 times
Happy Hour:Salt Water Creek Cafe
Buffet: Other than Prossers I dont do buffets but I love it!
Seafood Buffet
Seafood Restaurant: I disagree about Lee's...I have never had a bad meal there....ever... in 30 plus years. I also am a fan of Capt Dave's Dockside.
Bar with musical entertainment:
Bubba's Love Shak
Creek Ratz
Hot Fish Club
Hannah Bananas Cabana

Old 10-29-2010, 06:57 AM

Suggestions from a local friend and neighbor:

[SIZE=3]happy hour - i like beef o bradys, but also heard burro loco has good happy hour.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]buffet -
seafood buffet - crabby mikes or phillips seafood
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]seafood resturaunt - drunken jacks[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Bar with music - depending on what kind of music you like, just about anywhere on the marsh walk. Spuds, creek rats, beaver bar, and hot fish club usually have good bands[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area