Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 04:30 PM

166 posts, read 304,322 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping for a nice quiet weekend in Pawleys Island next month and that will require a nice glass of wine, or two....
Any recommendations for a good wine shop that has a wide selection of moderatley priced wines? We attended the wine event last month but I didn't get information about who sells the wines offered . Don't mind an MB address if needed as that is on our way coming down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
I like wine. But you would laugh at the wine I buy to consume with my meals. I would be embarrased to tell you......... So I am far from being an expert and certainly far from being a wine snob.

In NJ and FL there are wine stores the size of grocery stores carrying 1000's of types and brands along with "experts" to help you make your selections. My favorite are "Total Wines" in Naples and Ft. Myers and the "Wine Academy" in Lakewood NJ. But come to think of it, I have not seen anythings similar in this area, although I have not looked.

IMHO, Lowes Food stores (at least my local one in Murrells Inlet) appears to have a very good selection of wines (and beers).

Old 10-05-2011, 07:17 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,001 times
LOL ... This reminds me of when we first moved down here. My husband walked into a liquor store, walked up and down the aisles and finally walked up to the counter and ask "where is the beer and wine?" The answer he got ... "At the grocery store!"

Kroger in Murrells Inlet has a fairly good selection, but if you can't find what you are looking for, and you are willing to drive to Myrtle Beach, check out Greens. It is at 28 N & business 17. They have liquor store on one side and wine and beer on the other. They also have GREAT prices!

Old 10-05-2011, 11:14 PM

166 posts, read 304,322 times
Thanks!- And by the way tmozer, me thinks you have the wrong idea- I'm not a wine snob just a wine drinker!

Old 10-06-2011, 04:38 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Default Wine in PI

You might want to try this place:

Myrtle Beach Beer, Wine, Liquors, Pawleys Island Wine and Surf Beverage,kegs, Beer in Pawleys Island SC, Murrells Inlet, Beer, Wine in Myrtle Beach SC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area