Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 11:12 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
Also, I know that technically this is the Myrtle Beach forum, but I'm going to be there for a week. Would it make sense to make a trip to Charleston and spend a day there? From what I'm reading, it seems like a nice city with many things to see and do.
I agree with Vrexy....It is two hours away and it is enjoyable as part of our US history. Its nice to see everything you have read and saw in pictures. We have done it in one day many times. There is also a Boone Plantation you could stop to see before you get to Charleston and on your route.
The Charleston flea market is fun and all the little stores around.
Just a charming and comforting place.
BTW on Fridays at 3PM you can watch the Citadel Parade outside...
( if it is not raining).......Its free to go in. The parade was very enjoyable.
A tour of the Citadel would be nice. It is so old and unique.
The Citadel is 5 min. outside of Charleston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 05:38 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,544,694 times
Two Charleston area questions:

We take 17 South from Murrells Inlet through Charleston when we drive to Florida (the only practical route). As you near the Charleston area you start seeing sweet grass basket selling shacks on the side of the highway and also Cherry and Peach cider stores. I have not seen them else where. Is the "sweet grass" something that only grows in the area??

Old 02-05-2012, 03:57 PM

Sweetgrass: History, Basketry, and Constraints to Industry Growth

Very interesting on the Sweet Grass!

Old 02-05-2012, 05:26 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,544,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Cool! Thanks for the link.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:36 AM

142 posts, read 363,374 times
Let's see if I can answer a few questions:

The Zoo is privately owned and was started as a rehab for injured animals and has grown over the years to a "Zoo", the money that comes in helps to take care of the animals, if you find it lacking in some area, please make a donation to help them out.

To the person staying along the waterway, are you staying to Harbour Lights? There are no beachs along the Waterway in front of resorts/hotels for swimming, do people swim in the waterway, yes, off of docks, down dirt roads which some lead to sandy area along the banks and folks camp out at night and have cookouts during the day. You will see kids jumping form some of the bridges along the waterway and rivers in the area.

Sweetgrass baskets are very expensive and that is due to the limited availability of sweetgrass today.

Gary

Old 02-18-2012, 06:38 AM

I should be to the Zoo during the first week in March when our friend visits. I will be sure to bring the camera.
I passed it the other day and saw the most beautiful little albino deer. Laying in the woods with that bright white color, that could be dangerous in the outside world.
Considering it is more of a rehab zoo you can imagine that they don't get the funds a regular zoo can gather.
I want to see all the wild southern birds. I understand that that is an amazing area.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 PM

62 posts, read 125,342 times
Smile Conway

Here is something a tad different! Classes | Conway Glass

Old 03-22-2012, 06:49 PM

Default Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the Beach

Barefoot Landing at a distance...

Magic Quest at Broadway at the Beach

Hard Rock Cafe at Broadway at the Beach

Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 AM

62 posts, read 125,342 times
Coming up soon...

Waccamaw Arts and Crafts Guild will hold its 40th year of Art in the Park
June 9 and 10, October 6 and 7 and November 3 and 4 we are at Chapin Park Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm. 1400 N. Kings Hwy. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577

April 14 and 15, April 21 and 22 and November 10 and 11 we are at Valor Park, 1120 Farrow Parkway, Market common, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577.

We will have over 60 artists from the East Coast and as far away as Tennessee with about 20 of those artists from our local area. Typical art will include Paintings, Woodworking, Photography, Jewelry, Fabric, Glass, Metal, Pottery and Stone. Contact JoAnne Utterback 843 446-7471. No admission charge. Child and Pet Friendly. www.artsyparksy.com.

Sunday, 15 April, 2012
10:00 AM
-
04:00 PM

That's such a pretty park, nice setting for the art show.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:23 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times
Thanks for posting the dates of those art events. We love going to them and have gotten several really nice things. Even if you don't find something you want to buy, it is fun to walk around and look at the talent and talk to the artists. Good place for gift shopping, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area