Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:49 AM

4 posts, read 4,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbasmommy View Post
Good morning,

You really can't go wrong with any place at the Grande Dunes....I love the Marriott at the Grande Dunes....very nice!!! I don't know about Seawatch..maybe someone else will chime in about that resort...but if you don't have any money worries...book at the Marriott...the brunch alone is worth it! LOL....oh the Marina Inn is on the waterway side, so if you want to go to the beach, stay at the Marriott! Enjoy!
Seawatch is very busy I left there for that reason and not very clean. Last summer my friend stayed there and put there boogie boards and chairs in the hallway for a couple of mins and they were stolen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 08:17 AM

314 posts, read 675,620 times
Hi all! Just wanted to say that we enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn..it was very clean, friendly front desk folks, free parking & breakfast. It was a bit cool for swimming while there but we did hang a little at the beach and pool and it was nice. Only con about the pool area is it seemed a bit congested, and the way the sun hits you get shadows from the hotel so at some point you'll have to move your chair if you can. Also, the location was very convenient to Broadway at the Beach and the Boardwalk. The area was touristy (is that a word? lol) with tons of those Eagle shopping places and surrounded by ugly motels but that was fine since our hotel was nice and I kind of expected that it would look that way. I loved Broadway at the Beach but not the Boardwalk...just didn't do anything for me.
I did look at the Marriott at Grand Dunes and wow! I'm definitely going to stay there next time. It's a totally different feel than the Hampton Inn as its very grand and luxurious....and the pool area is amazing! I looked at a standard room and it was nice, not really anything special or better than the room at the Hampton Inn though. The area it is in (North Myrtle) looks much nicer and has some nice restaurants and not as many Eagle stores...LOL!
So all in all a great experience and I will be back! Thank you for all your responses to my questions!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 AM

142 posts, read 363,238 times
Just so others do not get confused, MA2NC said the 0he Marriott Grande Dunes was in North MB it is in MB.

Gary

Old 04-14-2012, 12:27 PM

314 posts, read 675,620 times
Oh ok, I thought since it was further north it was north myrtle...my bad!

Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 925 times
Would like a place for one older adult that is not over-run with youngsters. Most are inconsiderate of seniors ---even some adults have never had a lesson in courtesy and needless to say they have not taught their children. I too was young once but had consideration and respect for others ....adults are the reason these things have gone by the wayside.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:46 AM

142 posts, read 363,238 times
Try the Anderson Inn/Ocean Club around 26th north on the Blvd

Gary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area