Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times

Advertisements

I hope everyone finds the great list of "consignment shops" that we have here in Myrtle Beach.
They are so much fun. Maybe its a lamp you are looking for. Perhaps its a table or a picture.
It is so much fun to explore these shops. Giddyup!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 06:11 AM

Oh Boy, we have a new Consignment Shop to give you inspiration.
This is just a fun way to find a picture or lamp...any item that you have need of.
This new thrift store also sells paintings by local artists. It opened off of US 17 "by the back
gate." ( which I understand means by the old back way into the Air Force Base)
Glad raggs & Glitz Thrift Store sells furniture, sntiques, household items, clothing , and gift items.
This store is 2,400 sq. feet.
The exact address is 4924 US 17 Bypass near Palmetto Point Blvd. Hours are 10-6 Mon. through Sat.
I'm excited to go see the paintings as I need a few more for our home. The owner also sells some of her own paintings.
Looks like I have a new place in Myrtle Beach to visit. There is always something new to do here. One reason why I love this area so much.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:27 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,671,392 times
Thanks for the information, Sum! Sounds like a fun place to check out!

Old 04-15-2012, 11:59 AM

Got another chair today.......NO more chairs in my view please. I need a narrow table or two!

Old 04-16-2012, 01:50 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,671,392 times
Default Okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Got another chair today.......NO more chairs in my view please. I need a narrow table or two!
Okay, so do we get to see this chair, too?

So share the chair! Haha!

Old 04-16-2012, 03:58 PM

Ok, its quite a perfect chair but I think I will darken it to completely match the others.
I havn't taken a picture as yet. (lol)
Because..........Guess what?.........Today was "go out to the Consignment Shops day" with our friends.
What fun we had! I'd say we went to about nine or ten stores. Three were "closed" on a Monday.
Two of them were suppose to be open, by gosh.
So what a fun adventure we had. This time we grouped up some stores in Myrtle Beach and Surfside. Three of the stores were our favorites.
We met some of the nicest owners. We found some great things. My friend got the most gorgeous rattan table. The bottom of it was so uniquely designed.
I found a long, black, narrow table. It has legs that match my tables here. It was in perfect condition. I also found a long basket with a tropical design on the front. Also a swordfish that has
stones on its body. ( Now how do I describe this?) It is in a twisted design and there are round stones here and there. Everyone loved it.
We left around 11 and were done about 3, including a stop for lunch.
Everyone enjoyed the adventure. We still have a bunch on the list to visit.
I can not believe that in the NE there wasn't much in consignment and here there are so many.
We enjoyed most of the stores as they had some very new things and the stores were so neat.
A couple of the stores were not as neat as they should be and our visit was quite quick at those.
Others were just like walking into a furniture store. Fun! Fun!

Old 04-17-2012, 03:50 PM

Oh, lo and behold...There is another store that opened in Socastee. This store is in the strip mall area across from Bilos.
I have not gone in there yet.
I will post some pictures soon. It sure makes for a fun day if you have people to go with you who love to do the same thing. There is some quality things to be had.
I saw a beautiful painted dresser and nightstands that had already been sold. They had a beach theme.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:41 PM

Whats new on the home front with some great finds?
My friend found a very nice wooden wagon. The item came from TX, so the store owner said.
This wagon is the kind with high sides and a cart look. It will make a good wine holder or
plant holder. Adorable. This was from a Murrells Inlet antique store.
I went back for a yellow, long table I loved. The table is quite dreamy. I've given some pause as our car is in the shop for repair but soon I will be on the road again.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Okay, so do we get to see this chair, too?

So share the chair! Haha!
Sorry vrexy...I have to do that yet.. Our car is still in the shop it has some major issue and the Warrenty company is wanting this and that checked.
So........right now I have a chair at a friends house waiting to arrive here.
I had to get a matching chair for the puzzle table. We set one up on the porch and when the kids came they helped with it. They were amazingly good.
I'm sure we will take another day to go out to the consignment stores, there is some great finds out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area