Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 12:10 PM

312 posts, read 732,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Did it ever occur to you that somebody might make an open ended comment on here to see what narrow minded person would take the "bait." Looks like you got "hooked" first and now you are trying to wiggle off the line!
I didn't know the forum was for playing games.....I do not have anymore time for you.... You are the narrow minded one...plain and simple..I didn't take the bait, not even sure what in the world you are talking about?...I am NOT a fish...I just don't like your style.....enough said!!!!

I STILL don't see you admitting to who you were referring to...until you do...you are the one hiding behind the computer screen....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 12:11 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,891 times
Default You are right about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benicetome View Post
Vrexy - don't assume that people haven't researched their vacations - if you check out www.visitmyrtlebeach.com or the north myrtle beach chamber of commerce website calendar - www.nmbevents.reachlocal.net or even the website www.vacationmyrtlebeach.com where there is a calendar of events listed - THERE IS NO MENTION OF BLACK BIKE WEEK over Memorial Day Weekend.
The information was eventually stumbled across, after plans were made.

You are right, as you know! I did think it was better advertised since it has been going on for so many years. Apparently not, though. Maybe the resorts hesitate to mention it for fear of losing customers that week?

Although the bikers do not bother me, I would not want to be here for a vacation while a bike rally was going on. Since I live here, I just stay close to home and do not have to deal with most of the extra traffic, etc. Also, I live on a fairly quiet side street next to the ocean, so we don't get much traffic at any time. Mostly just people cruising on their golf carts or bicycles.

If I was here for a week of vacation and had to deal with loud motors roaring down the street near me, I would not be a happy camper!

I hope you and your family have an enjoyable vacation.

Oh, and BTW, you can be glad you aren't here this week, because we have had pretty much nothing but all day lightening and thunderstorms mixed in with a few tornado watches. My dog is hiding under my chair right now because the storm is so loud. The thunder cracks and close by lightening bolts are even making me feel a bit jumpy!

Last edited by vrexy; 05-16-2012 at 12:22 PM..

Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,150 times
is ocean drive area.. between cresent and cherry grove clear of the hoopla! if i was younger wouldnt matter but planning fam vaca with young kids

Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 AM

178 posts, read 329,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benicetome View Post
I'm the OP and my original post was expressing concern over BLACK Bike Week - I clearly stated my objection to the crude behavior they display on their website. They portray an image of someone that has no respect for themself or others and I'd prefer to avoid them.
Thank you, Gary2beach and Summering for your thoughtful advice and suggestions.
Vrexy - don't assume that people haven't researched their vacations - if you check out www.visitmyrtlebeach.com or the north myrtle beach chamber of commerce website calendar - www.nmbevents.reachlocal.net or even the website www.vacationmyrtlebeach.com where there is a calendar of events listed - THERE IS NO MENTION OF BLACK BIKE WEEK over Memorial Day Weekend.
The information was eventually stumbled across, after plans were made.
First, if you stay down in the south end of the beach (Surfside, Garden City, Murrells Inlet) it will not be a problem. Most of the activities are centered in AB and NMB, the south end of the beach is a long drive from those places. I will tell you, what I've seen with my own eyes, about the Black Bike weekend attendees. In Surfside a few years ago, right on Business 17, I saw a couple pulled over to the side of the road and the woman was, ahhh, giving her man "oral pleasure". Don't know a nicer way to put it than that.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:32 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times
I just got back from the spring bike week at myrtle. I wonder if the behavior at the up coming bike week from Atlantic Beach will be the same.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times
Update .3 people have already died in motorcycle wrecks and the party is just getting started. Lets be careful and hope no one else gets killed.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:44 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,256 times
I'm one of those who forgot Memorial Day Weekend was biker weekend when I was freezing cold and just wishing for a warm get away last winter. I'm down here now for the weekend, staying on the south end at Springmaid Resort. It's been pretty pleasant except for the noisy bikes coming and going in the parking deck during the wee hours of the morning. Very early this morning, around 4 AM, there was some commotion in the hallway. Sounded like security was chasing someone, radio blaring. Something about stolen property. I think, perhaps, someone was stealing license plates off of one of the many small trailers parked here that folks used to tow their bikes. Also, as one who lives in a state where helmets are required for motorcycles, it amazes me at how many are riding without helmets. Life on the wild side...

Old 05-25-2013, 05:23 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,188 times
I've seen where four people have been arrested so far for indecent exposure. Glad i'm missing all the mess that is involved with this thing, sounds like it's a bunch of trouble from reading all these posts and all the things I've heard about it before.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:29 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,256 times
Ocean Blvd. looked to be a parking lot all night last night, starting at Springmaid Beach and headed toward where the Pavillion used to be. (We had thoughts of heading that direction, but the traffic never thinned out from the time we left for dinner until we came back about 10 PM). From the news, people park their golf carts all along the route just for the show. Also, apparently, there was a Memorial Day parade downtown yesterday. We have been fine to just head south towards Murrells Inlet for restaurants or inland toward the new Market Commons shopping area. The weather has been gorgeous. The beaches are beautiful with no sign of a bike fest on the beaches. We are having a great time.

I wonder what check-out day will look like on Monday? What time do the biker festivities end?

Old 05-27-2013, 04:45 AM

638 posts, read 993,393 times
Just saw on news where there have been six deaths in five days! RIDICULOUS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area