Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I'm sorry but that's inhumane. There are various other ways to trap mice and release somewhere else. I'm not attacking you, just saying this is not the best way or cruel free way.

Some HOA's take care of treatments but a lot of them do not. When moving into a sub-division they give a pkg explaining everything. Really, the Realtor or whoever you use to represent you in the transaction should find this info. out before buying.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about using those sticky traps to catch bugs, not mice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 03:43 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I'm sorry but that's inhumane. There are various other ways to trap mice and release somewhere else. I'm not attacking you, just saying this is not the best way or cruel free way.

Some HOA's take care of treatments but a lot of them do not. When moving into a sub-division they give a pkg explaining everything. Really, the Realtor or whoever you use to represent you in the transaction should find this info. out before buying.
Perhaps you misunderstand? We have never had a mouse (or any other rodent) in our home. I use the sticky traps to trap insects. It works very well and replaces the use the chemicals.......

Old 04-25-2012, 05:46 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
Great information, thank you all. I am thrilled to be moving, but I keep thinking of new things I have to do/take care of/ask about. Looks like we'll be getting treated quarterly, and will have to talk to our teens about not going barefoot, looking closely before you touch and keeping benadryl/first aid kit handy! The sticky traps w/cornmeal sound pretty good as well. Again, thank you all!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:08 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Perhaps you misunderstand? We have never had a mouse (or any other rodent) in our home. I use the sticky traps to trap insects. It works very well and replaces the use the chemicals.......
Thx, I did misunderstand. I saw "small black mice sticky things" and thought that's what you meant it for, sorry but happy it's for bugs!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 562 times
Default Roaches or Palmetto Bugs

Anyone have a good exterminator in the Surfside area or can you give me name of a product that works to exterminate these things?

Old 08-16-2012, 09:34 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,001 times
Yes I do ... No-Body Pest Control ... Direct Message me if you need the number (not sure if I can post it - but I have no affiliation with them). They are awesome. If your problem is with other roaches, not just the giant, scary palmetto bugs let me know. There is a trick to the other little buggers that No-Body shared with my parents when they rented a house, unbeknownst to them, that had German roaches. It is environmentally friendly and took care of them quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area