Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 07:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,382 times

Advertisements

I am a going to be a new resident in Market Common and was wondering if anyone had recommendation for plumbers, electricians, a good place for car repairs and a barbershop. I'm not into styling, just haircuts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 12:36 AM

882 posts, read 3,537,652 times
Tire Town, just across the bypass from you is good when it comes to general repairs.. brakes, tires, etc... Depending on the make of vehicle, there are probably better recommendations that could be made.

As far as plumbers/electricians.. those are a dime a dozen... I always shy away from the larger ones because they have much higher overhead and inflated hourly rates/truck charges/etc. Whatever you do, in the event you need to use a skilled tradesman.. make SURE they have general liability and workers comp insurance in place. This will help safegaurd you in the event that they, or one of their employees/helpers/etc is hurt while working on your property.

For a general barbershop, I've always heard good things about Enoch's off of 21st Ave North in Myrtle Beach. I use Vega Hair Design myself.. but that's a salon, not a general barbershop...

Old 07-05-2012, 09:05 PM

7 posts, read 10,138 times
Wayne, would you please keep in touch and let me know how you like Market commons? It is on my shortlist of places to move to in about 2 years. I thank-you.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:35 AM

6 posts, read 3,779 times
Wayne, how is it going? Do you like living in Market Common? Can you share your experience, positive or negative? We are considering a purchase now and want to rent for a few years until we can move there permanently and retire. Any and all info would be appreciated.

Cris

Old 07-22-2018, 07:54 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,503 times
I've lived here for 2 years so maybe I can help. First off Market Common is a quasi-urban environment. What I mean is that there is a mix of apartments, duplexes, condos and various size single family homes. There are about 10 developments that make up Market Common. From any of them you can walk, bike or golf cart to the Market Common main commercial area. Market Common is more congested that many other areas of Myrtle Beach and also more expensive. There are 2 grocery stores within golf cart range (Walmart Neighborhood and Food Lion). Yards are very small, but most developments have very nice common areas.

Most of the people in the area are transplants, so meeting new people and making friends is relatively easy. All the developments in the area have HOA's so make sure you understand the rules before you purchase. Most will not allow RV, boat and trailer parking outside of a garage.

I personally love living here. Some people who have been here since the beginning (2009) complain that the area is getting too congested. The area is not a quiet suburban area, but a well planned higher density community. If this is what you are looking for you will be happy here. If you want a big yard, the ability to do whatever you want to your house, have a shed out back or park your RV or boat in the driveway I would suggest another area.

Renting first is a great idea. There are a couple of different apartment complexes here, in addition to apartments above the stores.

Good luck in your house hunting.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:09 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
I lived in Market Common in the places above the shops from 2008 through January 2012 and LOVED it. By far one of the best places I've ever lived.

Close proximity to the beach, lots of activities, tons of shopping and dining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area