Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 05:50 PM

17 posts, read 40,481 times

Advertisements

Hopefully I won't bore people but here it goes.

We want to move to the Myrtle Beach area.

After spending multiple weeks over the past year in MB looking, spending time at several locations such as Huntington Beach State park, Broadway, driving around many neighborhoods, eating at many local restaurants, looking at the schools, going to local grocery stores, chatting with locals while dining etc.

After asking a million questions of locals while we were in Myrtle Beach we have decided that we need to take a deeper look into moving to your area.

We know Myrtle Beach pretty much as I have spent most every summer of my childhood and my adult life vacationing in Myrtle Beach. My daughter grew up playing in the sand and building castles at the Caribbean and Crown Reef resorts.

She is now 14 and like us we as a family feel we would love to be close to the beach and has already looked into Coastal Carolina University herself. Being a straight A honor student schools are very important to us.

Our story.

Ohio has been our home our entire life. I worked 29 1/2 years at the only job I ever had. The company had a 30 year and out retirement plan at age 55 and a very good one at that.

Then the recession hit in 2007 and the company announced it was closing in 90 days. So we got our warning etc.

I was hoping to get to that 30 year day so I could retire with benefits once I hit age 55.

The company screwed me and many others over as many of us started at the same time, same year and around the same months. They did this on purpose so they would not have to pay a large amount of us retirement and for our health care.

Spin ahead a couple years and I got nothing from them, unemployment ran out and we were living off our savings. I hired a labor attorney to look into this for me once I realize one person is not going to beat this company. I asked others to join and they could not because the retainer was a large amount and they would not take the case without it.

They drug the lawsuit out trying to break me with money. Finally we were able to get a couple others to join in the fight to help with some of the cost.

Last year we defeated the crooked thieves and were awarded our retirement benefits. Those who had 29 1/2 years like many of us did and were at age 55 would get our retirement right away and those under that age has to wait to 55 to get it.

But the damage was done, my perfect credit rating, my 800 credit scores and everything I worked so hard to do well was tossed out the window fighting these people. It paid off in the end but I know we now have to suffer because of the wrongful causing of our credit to go bad. Pretty bad to be in your 50's knowing you have worked hard, done well, did everything to right way and something happens and its gone.

Spin to today. Retirement is coming in monthly, health care is nice and we are finally getting to build our savings back up after nearly 5 years of using it on living and trying to pay for all the expenses of living.

We are good, honest, hard working people who would love to move to Myrtle Beach. It has everything we love around it and easy to get back to Ohio ( 10 hours ) to see family, visit doctors etc.

Question is this. With a great track record we had before the company tried to screw us over and now with some issues caused by this mess will it be hard for us to find a clean, nice, decent neighborhood with good schools?

The income is very good. Work history perfect. Backgrounds are clean.

We called a couple of realtors and let them know right up front the story. One said no way would you find anything in the areas you are describing because most of those homes are self owned and hire us to manage it and we will not rent to anyone with credit scores below 700. The other one said that the only way you will be able to rent is to have 6 months down.

I just find it hard to believe that someone with a perfect history and a proven issue that can be shown in a lawsuit won that someone would not rent to us.

Sorry for the long rant but I am hoping some of the fine people who post here can lend a hand in helping direct us to some sources to possibly rent.

We really like many areas of MB and want to be in a newer area with a nice large clean home. Schools is a very important issue at well.

Hopefully we can find someone who is willing to look at the entire picture of our history and would love to have someone who will take good care of their home and treat it like it is our own.

Thank you everyone, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions as to neighborhoods we described above would also be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area