U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 AM

47 posts, read 50,208 times

Advertisements

Soo I am visiting MB/Conway next week and I am planning on re-locating here. I wanted to know if there are any local pubs in conway where all the locals hang out? I want to get to know some of the locals, and ask some questions ect. soo in the NMB, Conway, Loris, Aynor area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 11:49 AM

142 posts, read 161,224 times
In Conway, Aynor, Loris and Longs all bars are for locals, not going to have tourists crowd.

I don;t think NMB is going to be what your looking for so will not make note of places there.

Gary

Old 07-18-2012, 08:14 PM

13,315 posts, read 13,938,539 times
Crafty Rooster Bar & Grill

On Third Avenue right in downtown Conway. We eat here all the time with friends. When we are at a festival there or when we are out and about we always stop in.
They are very nice in this establishment and I've seen families come in and enjoy themselves.
Just an adorable pub. I'm sure this is what your looking for.

Sum

Old 07-18-2012, 08:33 PM

47 posts, read 50,208 times
thank you summering ill def check that out....aslo def. not looking at any pubs near NMB gary....def will be consumed by tourists there! Thanks for the quick replies guys. this website has been amazing to me

Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 PM

343 posts, read 447,330 times
When we first came down to look around, we stayed at a bed & breakfast in Conway specifically so we could tap into the knowledge of the owners. They were delightful and even drove us around Conway and showed us some neighborhoods and the places to go & see. It was well worth the extra cost of the B&B to tap into their knowledge and they also served a great breakfast. The accommodations were also much nicer than a hotel.

If you're interested, here's the web site of the place we stayed.
The Moore Farmhouse

Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 PM

766 posts, read 1,126,624 times
CTyankee54 -

Moore Farmhouse looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I wish they had a dog friendly room, but oh well.....

Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 AM

4,088 posts, read 9,620,625 times
Crafty Rooster
Cap't Seaweeds
Coastal Ale House
Rivertown Bistro - upsale but has a bar w/ a nice happy hour
Fatz Cafe
Old Oak Tavern

There's one other I go to sometimes that has bands and pool tables but can't think of the name right now. When I remember, I'll let you know.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:19 AM

4,088 posts, read 9,620,625 times
The other bar is Fats at the Warehouse (thats the real name).

Old 09-24-2012, 08:57 PM

8,890 posts, read 14,853,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
The other bar is Fats at the Warehouse (thats the real name).
Is there only one place that has live entertainment?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,098 times
New poster on here so haven't read everything that has been said but I would say that you can't beat Crafty Rooster in downtown on 3rd st. My wife and I know the owners. They are CCU grads and love the area. However, being in downtown, it is more of a local joint than a college only bar. They have the best draft beer selection in the town and have awesome trivia night on Wednesdays. They even gave us a huge discount when we got married as we had our post rehearsal dinner party there. They also have live music there depending on the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area