U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-19-2012, 07:57 AM

180 posts, read 149,863 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I just returned from a wonderful week along the Grand Strand. I have to say, though, that we returned to Surfside Beach four times in just 6 days!

Along the way, we stopped to talk with folks in local stores, restaurants and their own yards! We thought we would learn more about the area just by speaking with people who live there and we were right.

Everyone we spoke with was so friendly and helpful and we learned more from them and this forum than we could ever have learned on our own. THANK YOU to everyone - the decision is made - Surfside it is!

Coincidentally, we stopped at a local gas/convenience store and saw two men engaged in a lively conversation (all positive, it appeared). When the one man left, I approached the other to inquire if he lived in the area. After giving us a very positive assessment of Surfside and welcoming us as potential residents, he introduced himself as the new Mayor and gave us his business card.

I have followed the "issues" about the town government and was pleased to learn Doug Samples has been elected as the new mayor. He seems energetic and certainly was met by several happy citizens as we stood and conversed outside the convenience store.

Two more years and we'll be on our way out of Texas - cannot wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 02:10 PM

1,333 posts, read 1,918,674 times
Very cool to hear, and reassuring for us other (hopeful) soon-to-be residents of the Grand Strand. Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:16 PM

13,315 posts, read 13,987,583 times
Surfside Beach is wonderful and I am glad it is my neighbor town here in Socastee. We love being in this area too, and the people could not be any nicer.
You will love every bit of your time here. There is so much to do and your will never be bored in the least.
Hope the two years goes fast for you.
Best of Luck!

Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 PM

27 posts, read 43,331 times
I just moved to Surfside a couple of weeks ago and I agree with everything you said, everyone I have come in contact here has been so friendly! I have also found that several places will give you a discount if you let them know you are a local (once you move here, of course).

Old 07-19-2012, 09:56 PM

180 posts, read 149,863 times
whitmanjg...glad to hear you also have had a great experience. Surfside was fabulous when I was a teenager and as I continued to visit each summer with my sons. I was glad it had not changed (too much).

Summering....thank you for your kind wishes - you are one of the ones who has given me such good information on these forums!!

Old 07-30-2012, 11:31 PM

1 posts, read 836 times
If you want to live in the Town of Surfside Beach make sure you buy on the eastside of business 17. Although the area of Surfside Beach (post office) is still nice, its not the town of Surfside Beach. Alot of people were surprised after they bought their houses that they weren't residents of SSB.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:59 AM

13,315 posts, read 13,987,583 times
Your Welcome, Shabby...
I have to say that even though I am a tad off of Surfside Beach I still feel a part of it. Its the beach we swim at and the location of my friends for the past 9 years or so.
I live in Socastee, but my mail is Myrtle Beach. However, Socastee Post Office handles our mail from that office. Its a bit strange but my mail never matched my location ever.
I do love my location and so does my family. With the new stores opening we will be close to that but still always nestled into the woods and lake here.
I just have never met a more friendly group of people then those here in SC. Some of our visitors are even overjoyed by the niceness of all the people they meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area