Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 07:26 AM

6 posts, read 10,067 times

Advertisements

Thank you for being so considerate. Almost all the blogs I read they all seemed to say the same...they love living in Layfette Park. They all were very happy with the decision they made to live there. We went to many developments and when we went to Layfette Park we knew that was for us. We saw pictures of the club house..looked like wooden picnic tables...is that right? Do you have any funtions there? We stopped two women to ask questions and they were very accommodating and friendly. I am looking forward to moving to SC. We are coming down the end of the month to change a few things. So we probably will be driving around the area. If you see a white Acura with Delaware plates just wave us down!!! Hope to see you soon.
Thanks again & hope to see you soon. Marlene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 04:51 AM

108 posts, read 226,970 times
Yes wooden picnic benches in the pool house. Several cookouts are organized out of there each year. Unfortunately it is small for the number of residents but typically the newer people attend these events. Smaller groups use it for post season celebrations (ie the water aerobics group). You will like living in Lafayette Park. :-) mk

Old 09-12-2014, 08:53 AM

That sounds good..hope other functions can be planned. We can always have a happy hour like every other week or every week!!! I am sure if a bunch of couples get together we can plan more things that we can socialize with our neighbors more often. I am sure there are many things that can be done. I am looking forward in living in Lafayette Park...can't wait. Marliey

Old 09-12-2014, 11:31 AM

73 posts, read 110,401 times
Is Lafayette mostly older couples? I am looking for a community with older couples like hubby & myself 58 &60 I really dont want a 55 plus but would love a active community.We dont want to be the only older couple in the community and everyone else have babies we would have nothing in common

Old 09-12-2014, 01:08 PM

It is not a 55 plus community but most of the people who live here are probably over 55. There are a handful of families with children but mostly just us geezers!

Old 09-12-2014, 01:12 PM

73 posts, read 110,401 times
lol! I love old Geezers

Old 09-17-2014, 08:35 AM

If it is not too much trouble I need some info on utilities. I will be living in Lafayette Park in the Kennasaw home. Could anyone give me estimates on: Electric, Water & Sewage. Some people told me one price and then the internet gave estimates with another.

Thanks for your help.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:42 PM

At our Lafayette Park home our water and sewage bill this month was $39 (we have a sprinkler system). Electric generally runs about $100 - $120 per month, although note I do not like to keep my air conditioning too cold.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:17 PM

OMG...can't believe how much cheaper your water & sewage is. I pay quarterly for each. My sewage is the same every quarter 109.00 the water of course is higher in the summer. I just got my water June-Aug 265.00. In the winter it runs around 170.00 there about. Electric is high in the summer but I also have gas. So I guess between them both mine is still higher then your Elec.
Thanks so much for the information...greatly appreciated.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,073 times
Hi .... we are currently living in NJ. We vacation/visit North MB at least 4 times a year, and have our oldest daughter and her young family there. We want to be close to them (Barefoot Resort). We have been looking at Laf. Park for two years now and have gone in some spec houses. We have two younger children, 8 and 10. Can anyone give me some insight into the dynamics of the development as far as children, activities, pool, etc.? We love the area and have been looking at the Driftwood model. We are just listing our house now in NJ and hope to make the move by next year at this time. Any information would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area