Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 01:43 PM

23 posts, read 39,608 times

Advertisements

Hello locals I need your help! My family is re-locating from NH to the Myrtle Beach(or surrounding) area in July and we are in search of the perfect area to reside. Family consits of my husband and I, both eary 40's and our son who will be 16 at that time. We enjoy riding our Harleys, camping, water sports, homey feeling restaurant/bars/pubs, NASCAR, and live entertainment to name a few. We would like to be off the beaten path, but not too far. A single family home with a garage would be ideal, not sure a development would work as we tend to head out early on the Harleys and we have a camper which requires space while not in use. Good school system is obviously important to us as well. Any ideas that you have would be very helpful. We are visiting in April and are planning to take many day trips checking out several areas. Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 04:42 PM

19 views and no help??

Old 03-14-2013, 05:45 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,045 times
LOL .. sorry new adventure ... I can't really tell you specific areas. Everyone likes something different and a trip down to poke around will really help. I live south of Myrtle Beach in Garden City and absolutely love it. It is close enough to do what we want to in Myrtle Beach, but a little bit removed. You won't have any trouble finding local restaurants and bars with a homey feel. They are plentiful! You mentioned in your post that a development might not be a good fit for you because of your early riding hours and your camper. For sure, if you do look at any planned communities make sure you check the HOAs. Many would have restrictions regarding this. That being said I am sure you will have many other options. I can't tell you much about the schools, my kids go to South Carolina Connections Academy (an online school), but I am sure others will be along to help you shortly. Hang tight! There is a good group here that I am sure will be happy to help you.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
Did you say you were not going to need a job?

Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 PM

Ummm...no I don't believe I said anything regarding jobs?? Both my husband and I will work...couldn't be so lucky to not have to.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 PM

Neecewh I appreciate your information. We will be checking areas south of MB as well. Already feeling like a week won't be long enough lol

Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 PM

312 posts, read 732,742 times
New-adventure.....with all that criteria I am thinking maybe Loris or Conway....there are more homes in those areas that are not in developments and have HOA's.....please give me a price range so I can narrow down a little more for you.......best of luck in finding all your dreams here...........do you have jobs lined up? Hope so! Your son will only be attending for a year or so then......hmmm.....might want to visit some schools while here....probably a big difference in curriculum to NH and he is probably way ahead.....

Old 03-15-2013, 01:56 PM

Loveagrey1,

We are looking to rent at first....preferably under $1000 per month. My son will be a junior in the fall and it would be wonderful if he is ahead of the game (not a big fan of school at all). We have spent several hours online searching jobs, however we feel its a bit soon to send out resumes. My husband is a home builder...any insight to how things are in that field?

Old 07-23-2013, 09:07 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
It's July! Did you find work? SC still has over 8% unemployment with lots of jobs paying minimum wage. Can you afford $1000/mo rent on that?

Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
It's July! Did you find work? SC still has over 8% unemployment with lots of jobs paying minimum wage. Can you afford $1000/mo rent on that?
I dont think they really moved. It was more of just talkin it up..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area