Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 01:36 PM

9 posts, read 23,765 times

Advertisements

A lot of sins can get covered over with sheetrock. If you really want to find out if someone builds a quality home or not, see if they will show it to you during the actual construction. I looked at 5 different builders over my last 2 visits to Myrtle Beach area and only one was willing to let me see a house pre-sheetrock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 01:47 PM

349 posts, read 861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbychoice14 View Post
a true supplier would never tell something negative about someone he sells to because it is his bottom line that would take a hit....only someone that is pissed he is not selling the project talks ...and what do they really know?

i don't know and i'm not really sure how all that stuff works but, he tells us alot of stuff he probably shouldn't

Old 11-12-2008, 03:05 AM

243 posts, read 711,535 times
My wife and I were there a couple of weeks ago and kicked some tires in the real estate market. Prices are down some but have further to go. There is still a massive overhang of condos in the market and no lack of houses FS either. Someone on another city-data forum had a link to an analysis that listed out the most overpriced real estate markets in the US and MB was one of them. I'm still interested in the area but I'm not buying there now.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:23 PM

137 posts, read 574,156 times
NCBND, Well, I have to wait anyway as my house here in Maryland is still for sale. Do you recall the link for that report about MB being overpriced?

Thanks

Old 11-12-2008, 08:10 PM

Found it, it's published by the (ironically) soon-to-be-defunct National City Bank in Cleveland. Click on the "2Q 2008 Report" link on the right side of the page and the full report will come up in a new window. The list of MSAs in descending order of overvaluation starts on p.19. You'll see MB about a third of the way down the page but still well up in the "overvalued" category. The entire report makes for interesting browsing if you have a strong stomach and a little extra time. I wonder what the third quarter report will say, if there is one.

https://www.nationalcity.com/main/mi...n-analysis.asp

If the link won't work Google "national city housing report" and the link to the report will come up right on top of the search results.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:58 AM

156 posts, read 349,861 times
I agree, prices are still going to fall. They have blown up to high, and have not adjusted properly yet. People still will not give up ground. When I was in Michigan people would not drop the price from the highs. Now what was looking like a give away a year ago is a good sale price today. This recession is not over or even bottomed out yet. We have more pain to go.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 11-13-2008, 11:05 PM

245 posts, read 759,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblaine View Post
i don't know and i'm not really sure how all that stuff works but, he tells us alot of stuff he probably shouldn't
Yeah and then you post it on here with everyone knowing who you are ...it is not much of a leap to figure out who your husband's friend is...the supplier community is actually pretty small...I hope he doesn't lose his job.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:27 AM

84 posts, read 392,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBND View Post
My wife and I were there a couple of weeks ago and kicked some tires in the real estate market. Prices are down some but have further to go. There is still a massive overhang of condos in the market and no lack of houses FS either. Someone on another city-data forum had a link to an analysis that listed out the most overpriced real estate markets in the US and MB was one of them. I'm still interested in the area but I'm not buying there now.
NCBND

Could you share the link from the other forum, I am also looking to purchase something in the Myrtle Beach area, but noticed that prices for homes, even with out the cost of a basement seemed still high.

Thanks
PS: I saw snow falling already !

Old 11-14-2008, 06:17 PM

Frozen,

Look up 3 or so posts, the link is up there.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:17 PM

137 posts, read 574,156 times
Thanks for that link, NCBND. That was VERY informative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area