Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 PM

137 posts, read 574,083 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what home prices are doing right now in Horry County? I'm looking at single family homes. Anyone with first hand info?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,910,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandsailor View Post
Does anyone know what home prices are doing right now in Horry County? I'm looking at single family homes. Anyone with first hand info?
It depends on the area, prices have been going down somewhat.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:03 PM
NCN

21,661 posts, read 25,504,682 times
Be sure you check into the insurance prices. Our timeshare maintenance has gone up because of the high insurance premium. I searched for "Horry County single family homes" and came up with many different properties and a wide range of prices. We went to a Baptist Church in North Myrtle Beach and met a lot of really nice people. I wonder if North Myrtle Beach might be a good choice. We saw a lot of homes for sale in that area near the church but this was back in December of 2006. We are only about 2 hours from the beach and that is just about as close as I want to be when the storms come in.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 5,210 times
I Was Also Looking Into The Myrtle Beach Area, My Wife & I Are Looking For 3 Bdrm, 2 Bath, Also My Daughter & Son-in-law & 2 Very Young Kids(2 1/2 & 4 Weeks) Are Looking For The Same Type Of House. My Son-in-law Is A Car Salesman, I Also Work In The Service Dept. At A Car Dealer(30 Years). The Kids Are Looking For An Area With Good/safe Schools For The Grandkids When They Are Ready, We Heard Conway, Loris Were Nice Areas But My Son-in-law Just Met Someone That Just Moved Back To Nj From Conway & Said The Schools Were Not Very Nice, The Guys 17 Year Old Sone Agreed. What Can You Tell Me About The Area? Can't Take The Nyc Pace Much Longer

Old 10-27-2007, 09:14 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,910,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KITASDAD View Post
I Was Also Looking Into The Myrtle Beach Area, My Wife & I Are Looking For 3 Bdrm, 2 Bath, Also My Daughter & Son-in-law & 2 Very Young Kids(2 1/2 & 4 Weeks) Are Looking For The Same Type Of House. My Son-in-law Is A Car Salesman, I Also Work In The Service Dept. At A Car Dealer(30 Years). The Kids Are Looking For An Area With Good/safe Schools For The Grandkids When They Are Ready, We Heard Conway, Loris Were Nice Areas But My Son-in-law Just Met Someone That Just Moved Back To Nj From Conway & Said The Schools Were Not Very Nice, The Guys 17 Year Old Sone Agreed. What Can You Tell Me About The Area? Can't Take The Nyc Pace Much Longer

Check into Carolina Forest(Myrtle Beach), the schools are suppose to be better. The insurance will be better also because you are on the opposite side of the intercoastal waterway.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:36 AM

41 posts, read 159,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KITASDAD View Post
Loris, Longs, N. Myrtle Beach and the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach all have good schools. I would agree that Conway schools are not as good however they are far from bad. As far as home prices go you can find a nice 3/2 1800 sq. (bank owned ) 2yrs. old for about 150k or new homes from the 170k to the how much can you afford range all over the place. The pace here is much slower than the NYC area and people fro the most part are friendly and helpful. The biggest shock will be the wage difference, they are much lower than NY/NJ area. Feel free to PM with specific questions.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:11 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,737,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandsailor View Post
I noticed a few months ago they were dropping like crazy but the last month or so, they seem to have stabalized a bit. I just read in the paper (or somewhere here) that sellers seem to be holding out longer for their asking price.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:27 PM

137 posts, read 574,083 times
Thanks for all the good info. I think that sellers may be holding out for their price if they don't have to sell for a while. If they do want to sell now, they have to drop the price. Simple as that. I heard alot of sellers have taken their homes off the market. It's the same thing up here in maryland. Could be the same everywhere in the country now.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:16 PM

882 posts, read 3,528,888 times
A truly MOTIVATED seller may very well reduce the listing price.. however, many sellers are beginning to stick to their guns.. The single family home market, at least in this area, has leveled off and will, by most accounts, begin to hit an upswing again early to mid spring..

In real estate.. I can assure you of one thing and one thing only.. Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING is EVER just 'Simple as that.'

Quote:
I think that sellers may be holding out for their price if they don't have to sell for a while. If they do want to sell now, they have to drop the price. Simple as that. I heard alot of sellers have taken their homes off the market. It's the same thing up here in maryland. Could be the same everywhere in the country now.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,604 times
The real estate market is no good now everywhere in US. And the loan restriction is even make it worse! But China real estate market is still skyrocketing! You might want to invest in China real estate market rather than anywhere in US now. Or maybe you can rent houses in myrtle beach first before you buy houses. Getting familiar with the area first then decide whether to buy a property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area