Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:51 AM

78 posts, read 136,316 times

Advertisements

After reading so many horror stories from other members who have had issues with so many of the horrific property managers in the Myrtle Beach area I am hoping to help others who have been taken, mislead or scammed by these lousy so called businesses.

Do not trust any of them for their word, majority of them will lie to you.

After reading Carolina Dreams issues I decided to post this in an effort to help others.

Sorry you had issues with the horrific Myrtle Beach property managers too. We had the same issues with several of them.

Fact is we set up 5 homes in July to fly down to MB to see. We had appointments with all different property managers, the houses we were going to look at etc and spent our money, our time and flew into MB a day early to view these homes. Guess what? The rotten property manages after we took our time and spend money on flying down were all no shows at each appointment.

So we went directly to their offices to deal with them face to face. 2 of the rotten soles had the gull to tell us we did not think you were serious and we get a lot of no shows so we stopped showing up for appointments from out of state. This is no way to run a business for those property owners who they work for.

Two of the offices said they must have forgotten and tried to call them and of course no answers and the lousy third one office said, oh, they had a closing today on a house and could not miss it.

How about a phone call folks?

We called each and every one of them the day before to confirm and they all confirmed the appointment.

This is how I took care of this situation. I looked up each property owners on the Horry county websites and contacted 3 of them and told them what happened. Two of those property owner were so mad they fired the property managers!!! Good for them. The third said when their contract is up they will not be re hired and she had 11 properties with this group. The other two must have been family and made excuses for them.

Then I filed a report with the BBB and the state attorney generals offices for poor business practices etc.

Reading yours and others post this seems to be a issue in the Myrtle Beach area with lazy property managers who must not need the money as most people would work hard for the owner of property and for the person who wants to rent.

Now, we are stuck with no home to rent in MB and our kids needed to go to school so we will not be moving until next summer as I do not want to move my kids once they started school.

No big deal as we will have 10 months to come down and look more and find something.

I am hoping my approach saves others some money and time as these property managers in the Myrtle Beach area need to be forced into doing their jobs correctly and with some morals.

I received a call from a person in the states AG office about this and they said they were going to look into this and let me know their findings. I hope some of these lousy managers get their license removed and some get fired.

If you have had issues with any property manager in this area please post your comments below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 10:58 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
Unfortunately "bad service" is not limited to just property managers. Just my opinion and experience here. When I moved here I had to go through three Realtors until I found one that returned calls, sent me info etc... and then had to fire one. That doesnt mean there aren't good ones here. I actually became a Realtor and had even more experience with people not doing their jobs. I've been through 3 bookkeepers, cant count how many dr's that were bad and havent figured out why yet. I'd rather not say this to be true but I hear it from other people all the time as well. Usually have to call my accountants office 3 or 4 times before someone calls back and it just goes on...very stressful.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:46 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
Maybe they just didn't like having a northerner trying to set up their work schedule for them . Maybe you appeared to be bossy. Southern folks don't like bossy yankees and perhaps you made a bad impression on them .

Old 09-07-2013, 11:19 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
In any case they should have at least sent a representative to take their place. Because I know southerners are not rude. It seems the OP did the right thing and he even called a day ahead to remind the managers.
You know there is more money in selling then renting for the realtor.
I remember calling about shore rentals and getting a very slow-moan like response. Until I mentioned
I'd pay a thousand for the week and then...he woke up.
Seriously there is so little money that they get on rentals. Most would rather be selling homes.
I'm so glad this family followed through. If a company is in the business of renting they need to put their
heart into it.
Its not a northern, southern thing....Its a business doing their job. No matter where they are located.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:43 PM

253 posts, read 470,410 times
Good points, Summering and no, we southerners usually are not rude...but when we are, watch out!

I think it was on the other thread that someone mentioned checking Angies List. I just did for Myrtle Beach, and thought this was quite telling - this is for property managers in Myrtle Beach:

Property Managers are in Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach Property Managers are TOP RATED

Why pay for Angies list with this kind of result? Sad commentary on customer service these days.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:57 PM

62 posts, read 169,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Maybe they just didn't like having a northerner trying to set up their work schedule for them . Maybe you appeared to be bossy. Southern folks don't like bossy yankees and perhaps you made a bad impression on them .
Perhaps you are confusing providing good customer service with "being bossy" and "setting a schedule". If being bossy means that you want to spend your money for a service, then up is down and down is up. I am thinking you must be a "troll", since this clearly a nonsensical comment.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post

Are you for real?

First of a true professional business person who sets up an appointment themselves around their schedule owes it to me and others to show up. With not one phone call or anything knowing I was flying entire family down and spending money to give them a chance to rent me a property.

Where does bossy come into play at all?

The idiot property managers who were no shows all made their own appointments and I told them yes, I will be there on that day at that time. At no time did I boss them but now the shoe is on the other foot because us northerner yankees who spend a ton of money in MB and keep it going dont like to be lied to, scammed by or tricked by your so called southern fake hospitality types.

People like these no shows make others who I know and have met for many years look bad by doing this.

I actually cannot believe you posted this bs stuff.

You must have never owned, worked or ran any business because that is no way to run any business even if you are selling newspapers on the street corner. You show up when the customers ( BOSSES ) are there because without those customers you dont eat.

Potential customers are your boss in a way, they are rental agents and who do you think is renting most of those empty houses? Hard working family northerners is who the majority are.

Stop stereotyping anyone from the north. You have no clue how awesome, kind hearted, hard working and family oriented people from the north help keep your city up and running with their vacation money, their living in and moving to the MB area.

Sad to think you have no clue that when someone makes an appointment and works for a large realty company that no courtesy at all was given to even make a phone call or send someone else to do THEIR DAMN JOB!

See what happens when you cross someone, you lose your job is what. A few of those usueless good for nothings now are looking for work and I probably saved a ton of other people lots of money.

If your AG looked into this issue then it was warranted and believe me they did look into it and have reported to me they are further looking into the property managers in this area as I am not the only one to report issues.

For you to attack northerners when you dont even know if these former property managers are themselves from the north is ridiculous.

Why are you protecting people who lied and cheated someone out of a lot of money? Do you know right from wrong? If you set up a time to meet someone and knew they were spending a ton of money just to fly 700 miles to meet with you would you also be a no show? Or would you at least have the common decency to call them? Afterall if you set up the time and day to meet someone, it is YOUR JOB to show up or be fired. In a couples cases they have been fired.

Did you read the other members post about your lousy property managers also or were they also too bossy?

When I called them and set up and appointment and they set it up around their schedules I become their boss at that point because I have money in my hands to rent a home and therefore the owner of the property wants to rent the home. If the property manager is a no show then the boss, me has the right to fire them and I did just that.

Actually could sue them for breach of contract as I have the emails with the dates, times, location etc. I could easily win and recover all cost I paid out to meet with them and they breached the contract.

Sad you want to protect a few bad apples and use the north vs south bs.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Unfortunately "bad service" is not limited to just property managers. Just my opinion and experience here. When I moved here I had to go through three Realtors until I found one that returned calls, sent me info etc... and then had to fire one. That doesnt mean there aren't good ones here. I actually became a Realtor and had even more experience with people not doing their jobs. I've been through 3 bookkeepers, cant count how many dr's that were bad and havent figured out why yet. I'd rather not say this to be true but I hear it from other people all the time as well. Usually have to call my accountants office 3 or 4 times before someone calls back and it just goes on...very stressful.

I agree but as a realtor I truly believe from your post that you would act professionally and not stiff someone without calling them or sending someone else. Especially if you knew they were pre approved and had great income and was spending close to 2000.00 to fly down to meet with you.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
In any case they should have at least sent a representative to take their place. Because I know southerners are not rude. It seems the OP did the right thing and he even called a day ahead to remind the managers.
You know there is more money in selling then renting for the realtor.
I remember calling about shore rentals and getting a very slow-moan like response. Until I mentioned
I'd pay a thousand for the week and then...he woke up.
Seriously there is so little money that they get on rentals. Most would rather be selling homes.
I'm so glad this family followed through. If a company is in the business of renting they need to put their
heart into it.
Its not a northern, southern thing....Its a business doing their job. No matter where they are located.

Thank you. Seems we have one member who does not know how to act in a professional manner and have the courtesy to do their job correctly.

If everyone in business operated like these people did the entire country would fold.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junepharm6 View Post
Perhaps you are confusing providing good customer service with "being bossy" and "setting a schedule". If being bossy means that you want to spend your money for a service, then up is down and down is up. I am thinking you must be a "troll", since this clearly a nonsensical comment.

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area