Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 02:41 PM

78 posts, read 136,111 times

Advertisements

I find it extremely amazing that people allow the Property Managers in the Myrtle Beach area to act so unprofessional and with not an ounce of common courtesy towards anyone.

Set up appointments a week in advance.

Drove 675 miles to MB to take a look at many houses in different locations and to spent more time looking around.

We are both lifelong vacationeers to the Grant Strand and know it very well.

We had 7 total appointments set up with 4 who said when we get the MB we can call and they will meet with us.

Well the verdict

Seen 3 houses out of the first 7.

Two useless PM were complete no shows!!! Useless idiots did not even give us the common courtesy to call and tell us they forgot or screwed up their schedule.

The third idiot said she forgot about my appointment with her and she scheduled another showing and cannot meet. So I said, we drove 675 miles to see this house, I want to see it this trip and can late at night or early tomorrow morning. She had the gull to tell me maybe next trip down she will be able to show us a house. This idiot made an appointment to show me a house a week earlier and my wife double checked with her 3 days before arriving to check and she said yes.

Went to the offices of the first two idiots and was told idiot no. 1 is at a closing right now and will call you when she is done. I asked, she had an appointment to show me a home and if she cannot keep her appointments then someone here needs to step in and show the house. She told me they cannot because each person has their own homes to show. I said why is she in a closing when the appointment she had was only 30 minutes ago and she was a no show.

She told me when a house closing is scheduled she cannot go to the closing to show a rental home.

She said she will call and maybe show you the home tomorrow.

Not a single call from this useless uncaring now fired lady.

I looked up the property owner on the courthouse records, then did some researching and found she had listed the house herself months before hiring this useless lady. Called her phone and she answered. Told her the story. She told me I have 5 houses/condos listed for rent with her and she said no wonder I cannot get it rented. She said a no show is not proper and she would show me the home herself.

We went to the home the next morning. She told us that she called and fired the entire real estate firm and released them from their contract as they were not properly handling her homes.

Idiot No. 2. I called, sent emails, left text messages etc and no returns.

3 days later she calls me and says I am sorry I have been sooooo busy I did not get a chance to return your call and would like to show you the home asap. What an idiot!! I am not back home I told her and she said you were only here for a day to look at homes? I said no actually 4 days and you just now are calling. She give a half ass apology and said when you do come back to MB she will give me the red carpet treatment. Well, without going into details I told her I would not rent from her and that I am reporting her to the BBB, the state attorney generals office and the local and states realty boards. She become highly upset, cursed me out and told me I should done a better job of contacting her when I was in town. Are you kidding me?

We made an appointment while we were in town with a husband and wife team from Conway to see a house near Forestbrook and they were at the house when we showed up. We get out of the car, meet them in the driveway only for these two idiots to tell us, sorry, we just rented the home to the couple right before you. Then why did you not call us. My goodness we were in Litchfield and drove to this area only to meet you. All I got was, well Litchfield is not that far, we drive like that every day. What a total fool.

What is wrong with these people? Why are they so unprofessional and uncaring?

Now this is two trips and each a bad experience.

Is it because they are flat out lazy, dont care, dont know any better or just make so much money they feel they can screw over people who can potentially be a buyer of one of their homes.

Does not make any sense to me at all.

I have spent today writing letters with facts and details to the realty boards, BBB, attorney general, Mayor, each realty company, several owners of those properties etc.

My goal is to get a few fired for not doing their jobs correctly and so unprofessional.
At least the no shows is what I am going for. One has already been dumped.

Sad that people here and other forums boast about how great it is to live in MB and I agree, it is the place for us and we will be moving in time. My point is to help others who come to the forums in search for help and hope this does not happen to them.

So if you are looking at moving to MB and need a home to rent, I suggest you find an individual to rent from and bypass the useless MB property managers. They are rude, unprofessional and show no care or courtesy at all.

They make MB look bad with the way they conduct horrible business practices.

There is more to this story but I will stop here. Lets just say I left MB to come back to Ohio and those no shows knew by the time I left their names were going to be pretty much spread all over the places including many forums and other websites.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:06 PM

788 posts, read 1,614,996 times
I am not trying to be a smart-*** but why are you looking at rental houses when you are still 7 months away from moving? (Your other thread gave your time frame). Anything available now certainly would be rented by then.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:24 PM

78 posts, read 136,111 times
Because we are going to rent the house that we need and rent it early.

We need a certain size house and other things that only come up once in a while.

We got lucky and saw several all of a sudden come up and would have grabbed one of them and paid rent on them.

It is not 7 months, it is now 5 1/2 months and most were not available until January so 5 months actually.

We dont mind paying ahead and we could drive down for the weekends, clean the house up, etc months in advance.

If the perfect home for us comes up with will rent in now and start cleaning and moving some items we will be using in MB such a lawn items, beach stuff etc.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:00 PM

788 posts, read 1,614,996 times
Makes sense to me...thanks for the clarification.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:32 AM

244 posts, read 713,616 times
It doesn't seem much better if you are a buyer rather than a renter. I instantly recognized one of the "professionals" you described in your post who "represented" me on my MB purchase. I'm still smoked about it a year later. Nonetheless, I love our second home there and hope that you find the right place to live. As I watch the snow swirling outside my window I keep reminding myself that it is much better in MB.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:42 AM

253 posts, read 469,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBND View Post
It doesn't seem much better if you are a buyer rather than a renter. I instantly recognized one of the "professionals" you described in your post who "represented" me on my MB purchase. I'm still smoked about it a year later. Nonetheless, I love our second home there and hope that you find the right place to live. As I watch the snow swirling outside my window I keep reminding myself that it is much better in MB.

Wow, this is discouraging. Maybe all of us retired (or soon-to-be retired) folks should form a property management company and give MB the service this wonderful place deserves! Now THAT would be a cool job in a lot of respects!

Old 12-14-2013, 04:23 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,632,857 times
I would not use a property manager for a rental. I'd use a Real Estate office that advertises "rentals."
What I have found over the years is that there is very little compensation for the salesman to find a rental.
Certainly not the amount they take in from a sale. However there are some offices that do promote rentals and
that is what I would use.
They should have a list that you could look at in their office before you head out.
Your visits felt very helter skelter. Following one realtor to their listings should work out.
I did some homework online and found a house to buy in a weeks time. I had known the areas also.
Find the offices that promote rentals. If you'd like names DM me.
You should not have gone through any of this. Not at all....

Old 12-14-2013, 09:22 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,891,109 times
If you think it's bad now as a prospective tenant, it will be twice as bad when you are the tenant and the property management firm is the landlord! Getting repair and maintenance issues resolved is a real struggle. I've always had a much better experience dealing directly with an owner. Regarding real estate companies who promote rentals, many of their rentals are for sale and are actively marketed. As a tenant, I have never wanted to be put in a position of having to keep the home I am renting "showroom ready" for prospective buyers coming in to take a look.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:57 AM

244 posts, read 713,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbycasa View Post
Wow, this is discouraging. Maybe all of us retired (or soon-to-be retired) folks should form a property management company and give MB the service this wonderful place deserves! Now THAT would be a cool job in a lot of respects!
LOL, I've actually thought about it after noticing that every HVAC technician, window treatment vendor, locksmith, electrician, etc. I've had through my MB condo obviously wasn't a native. I think one could carve out a pretty good business simply by returning phone calls, keeping appointments, etc. with some modest degree of skill in some area.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:38 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,074,214 times
The way you talk about these people and call them idiots says a lot to me about you. I suggest you start with craigslist. No agent is going to show you houses for a May move in because no one knows what will be available. I would have blown you off also, you are looking way too early.

If you are willing to pay rent starting January 1st, tell these agents you are looking at a January 1 move in date.

The agents cannot read your mind.

As to getting them fired, you reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area