Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 02:48 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,776,677 times

Advertisements

Blaming litter on ppl from another area, especially when this state is so behind on recycling, signage, enforcing laws about littering etc... is clearly the issue or most of it. I'm from NJ and we have been recycling since the early 80's and you see bins everywhere. I have a hard time finding one when I go out anywhere here but it's getting better. I had to call the town several times about putting no litter signs up right down the street from me. I live near a boat launch and no offense to boaters but many of them throw their McDonalds bags out the window before taking off. I live in Conway and just a guess but I would say almost all of those guys are from here, they are not ppl that moved here. Most ppl that moved here dont even know about the boat launch.

The litter bothers me but really (off topic) but not is the amount of dead animals on the side of the road. This is because of too much breeding, not enough pets with tags, microchips, animal protection laws and the whole thought process of how animals are or should be treated. I never in my life saw a dead dog on the road, now I have seen more than I can count. I can go on about this, I've educated myself to the area and situation or problem and it has to start with laws being changed. Problem is there are many who do not like change especially if it's those damn yankees wanting to change things. Won't stop me and for the haters they can join my neighbors who now hate me for telling them they suck at caring for their pets.

Last edited by Global Friend; 08-03-2014 at 10:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 03:05 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,716,816 times
Isn't the point here really that we should all be more respectful? In general?
It's not like the ideas of cleaning up after oneself ( or one's family members), or leaving a place in better shape than you find it are new....Heaven knows that we were all probably frequently reminded of those concepts in our upbringing, regardless of where we were brought up; its just that somewhere along the way "we" have forgotten those ideas, or cast them aside because being thoughtful of others and respectful of our environment have become "uncool" .
Its a sad testament to our society that we've bought into the idea that recklessness and selfishness are proper, but it seems to be the way things are going too bad

Old 08-02-2014, 05:07 PM

538 posts, read 1,007,773 times
For those old enough to remember.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGu4AwL5Kho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area