Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 04:25 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
It must be the "working class" genes I have inherited, but I like Walmart.
Please excuse me for a minute while I jump up on my soap box , but it is the "working class" genes you have that should make you dislike Walmart. In brief, Walmart is bad for local communities, does nothing to help local economies, and are terrible employers. I go to great lengths to avoid giving them a penny of my money. I am not always successful, I was forced to purchase my childrens' Halloween costumes from there because of poor planning on my part..... a mistake I will not repeat .... I just implore you to remember, next time you shop at Walmart WHY their prices are so low ....

10 Reasons Wal-Mart is the Worst Company in America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 04:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I would be thrilled to see Walmart depart! I would throw them a going away party!
Walmart is a superior participant that is not going away anytime soon. It, Kroger and Publix should dominate the Myrtle Beach area. Bi-Lo, Food Lion and anything left of Piggly Wiggly will struggle. Lowe's Foods is a bubble participant.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
It must be the "working class" genes I have inherited, but I like Walmart. Well, not all Walmarts. I do not like the one in Brick NJ. Just something about it (and the location). However I do like the Garden City SC one. The Myrtle Beach and the Surfside ones not so much. In Naples FL we have a Publix very near. I walk by it everyday (and use the restrooms if needed). But I still drive either 3 miles North or 2 miles South to the Walmart or Walmart Marketplace to buy what I cannot get at Costco. I think Publix's prices are generally too high (yes, I am cheap).

What I cannot understand is the logic of putting Walmart Marketplace store at Tournament and 17 Bypass? The Garden City Walmart is close enough for me!

My favorite food store is, and probably will always be, ShopRite.
Walmart Neighborhood Market is not that bad indeed.

Publix's prices are not high as I have noticed. Not having a loyalty card savings program reduces unnecessary expenses.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:54 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,837 times
Sorry, but politics go out the window when my wallet and my convenience is involved.

Probably more of a gimmick than an actual savings vehicle, but I love the Walmart Savings Catcher. I often end up with a $5 dollar savings bar code after uploading a couple receipts.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:14 AM

Question Is Publix still coming to the Market Common?

Is anyone aware of any updates of Publix opening a store near the Market Common? It has been reported it was seeking a site at United States Route 17 and Coventry Boulevard. Plans have not emerged.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:06 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,757 times
WE need a Publix near Sunset Beach and Ocean Isle Beach. Better yet a Harris Teeter or Wegmans Too....

Old 03-15-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
WE need a Publix near Sunset Beach and Ocean Isle Beach. Better yet a Harris Teeter or Wegmans Too....
I mentioned in the thread "Brunswick County, North Carolina: Supermarkets and Grocery Stores" Publix is looking at three possible locations across Brunswick County, North Carolina. Oak Island Marketplace, Oak Island, and Ocean Isle Beach are two of those locations.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:53 AM

They are going gang-busters on the new Publix on 707 next to Prince Creek. I also notice a small row of strip type stores going in to the right of the Publix building. To the right of that it looks like a cleared area where something else might be going in. Anyone know if that is true and what it might be?

Old 11-03-2016, 10:38 AM

It has been awhile since I followed up on Publix at Prince Creek Village. I do not doubt it is going up quickly. The store should be projected to open in early 2017. I do not know what its store number will be yet.

I am unaware of any updates lately in regards to additional Publix stores in Horry County. Publix will be coming to Surfside Beach as it owns Surfside Beach Commons and will replace BI-LO #5104 when it closes.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:29 PM

The Publix location on 701/Prince Creek is moving along. An MI neighbor recently told me there is an Olive Garden going in next to it. Any other scheduled tenants coming to the location that anyone knows of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area