Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 03:45 PM

8 posts, read 23,557 times

Advertisements

Retiring and moving in the Myrtle Beach area..Can someone tell me anything about the Plantation Lakes Community? How much the HOA is and what all does that cover? Would like to find out if the community is in a flood zone and was wondering about the wind and hail insurance..approximately how expensive does the insurance run. Would appreciate any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 09:33 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitekix521 View Post
Retiring and moving in the Myrtle Beach area..Can someone tell me anything about the Plantation Lakes Community? How much the HOA is and what all does that cover?
A few listings show the HOA fee as $85/month. Since that is very low, I believe that using the golf courses is extra. Here's what the HOA says:

"As of January 2014, The Homeowner Association Dues are $275.00 quarterly. Dues go to the maintenance, landscaping and upkeep of the amenities, entrance and other common areas shared by the residents. Homeowner dues also include trash removal for each home. As an added bonus, the homeowner’s dues allow for armed security throughout the neighborhood at night.

Residents can enjoy the full use of the Amenities Center Clubhouse, Fitness Facility, Two Pools, Two Lighted Tennis Courts, Basketball Court, Large Playground, Beach Area and Gazebo." http://plantationlakes.net/poa-information/

Plantation Lakes looks very nice, and it seems to be a high end community. The FEMA Floodsmart.gov estimates it as a moderate to low risk of flooding area. You can get an estimate of your cost at: https://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmar...sSearch.action They were giving me a broad estimate of $57 to $460/year for flood insurance. I can't answer the rest of your questions, but certainly a Realtor can.

Last edited by goldenage1; 08-18-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: