Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 01:37 PM

730 posts, read 1,314,387 times

Advertisements

Liking the location of this neighborhood? I'd like more information, such as:

lots or not lots of children
well maintained
socially active
houses well built

Any and all info would be appreciated.

We are retired (so jobs not an issue), like to play golf, husband bowls; we've spent many winters in MB (Surfside) so we are somewhat familiar with area east of 17, but not west so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 06:02 PM

790 posts, read 1,621,859 times
Are you asking about Forestbrook in general or a specific neighborhood in Forestbrook? There are a wide variety of neighborhoods and homes in Forestbrook and the answer to your questions depends on which neighborhood you're considering. If you can provide more information, I can try and provide feedback as I live in the Forestbrook area.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:32 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTyankee54 View Post
There are a wide variety of neighborhoods and homes in Forestbrook and the answer to your questions depends on which neighborhood you're considering.
If the OP wants to avoid children, they could consider the active adult community called Carillon at Tuscany. It is by DR Horton. Otherwise the communities could have lots of kids.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:37 PM

Not looking to totally avoid children, just would like a neighborhood that's not all children. Don't know about different neighborhoods, I just sort of discovered Forestbrook in looking at communities that are not right on the water, but not too far out either. Forestbrook is in a great location, so I'm just really beginning the search. In checking it out on city-data.com, it looked good. Thanks for any and all info.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:39 AM

790 posts, read 1,621,859 times
Our favorite neighborhood in the Forestbrook area is Arrowhead and Arrowhead Grande. They both are a mix of families and retirees with more retirees than families. The house prices range from $150's up into the 300's depending on where you want to be in the development and what type of house you want. It has a pool, tennis courts and a play area for kids. Overall, it's very well maintained and HOA dues are only $400/year. We lived there when we rented after first moving here but could not find a house in our price range with a floor plan we liked.

There are many other developments in Forestbrook and most will have mostly retirees with a sprinkling of families. We live in The Park at Forestbrook...a 49 house development with a small pool. It is almost completely built out...2 specs houses being finished and one resale on the market right now.

Forestbrook Reserve is nice as well. There is a development starting up next to ours built by Flagship which is going to be called Forestbrook Preserve with 175 houses in phase 1 and over 200 houses total. Flagship builds a decent house...not custom but nice. Planters Creek is nice...on the more expensive side $250-$400K. There are many other developments as well. If you have any that are of particular interest, let me know and I'll tell you what I know about them.

The nice thing about Forestbrook is that it's convenient to just about everything on the south end and you can avoid the tourist traffic for the most part when getting around in the summer. The mall, airport, Target, Walmart, MB State Park, grocery store, pharmacies...all very convenient.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:36 AM

Excellent response CTyankee54 (we're from Cape Cod), just what we're looking for as we begin our search for the right neighborhood for us. I was drawn to Forestbrook just because of it's location. We've wintered in Surfside for many winters, but to live in the area, would want to be a bit more inland (mostly due to insurance). Living on Cape Cod, we have been and continue to suffer at the hands of the insurance companies and their arbitrary rate schedules. I like, too, that there are many different price points. Also, in reading about Forestbrook, there is an elementary school that has won an award the last couple of years for excellence. That's always a good thing, even if your children are grown.

Again, thank you, will keep you updated (we're also looking into Southport NC where daughter lives).

Old 10-08-2014, 06:34 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTyankee54 View Post
Forestbrook Reserve is nice as well.
This is where I call home, and I love it here. Like CTyankee said, very convenient to everywhere. Laid back, not too overcrowded, not too many children, nice lake. Not sure if anything is available for sale right now, but there's plenty of new places popping up 'round here. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area