Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:56 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathwilms View Post
Thanks for any advice, opinions or whatever you can tell me that might make this a little easier.
Another person recently said they had found a home in the Windjammer Village in Little River. The #5 post is from 3-17-2015 here: Found House - Moving in May!!

Windjammer Village is right on the SC/NC border and you can find listings in Zillow. The houses are reasonably priced, there are lots of shade trees and the amenities sound nice. The HOA fees are quoted as being only $77/month. Here's some suggested listings under $160K:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...6_M51388-19493
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...6_M66080-93658

Last edited by goldenage1; 04-06-2015 at 11:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 01:54 PM

253 posts, read 470,371 times
Howdy! I am the one who just purchased in Windjammer. The HOA is only 77 a month and the amenities are incredible. The reason it's so low is there are 300+ homes in the "village" however you would not know it was that large. Whoever developed this years ago did a great job of making it look natural, not cookie cutter at all, and it is peaceful and beautiful.

I would suggest you check it out, but because it is gated, you will need a realtor with you so she/he will have the code to get in.

Wishing you the best with your search and pm me if you'd like more info.

Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Another person recently said they had found a home in the Windjammer Village in Little River. The #5 post is from 3-17-2015 here: Found House - Moving in May!!

Windjammer Village is right on the SC/NC border and you can find listings in Zillow. The houses are reasonably priced, there are lots of shade trees and the amenities sound nice. The HOA fees are quoted as being only $77/month. Here's some suggested listings under $160K:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...6_M51388-19493
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...6_M66080-93658

Old 04-26-2015, 01:01 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbycasa View Post
Howdy! I am the one who just purchased in Windjammer. The HOA is only 77 a month and the amenities are incredible. The reason it's so low is there are 300+ homes in the "village" however you would not know it was that large. Whoever developed this years ago did a great job of making it look natural, not cookie cutter at all, and it is peaceful and beautiful.

I would suggest you check it out, but because it is gated, you will need a realtor with you so she/he will have the code to get in.

Wishing you the best with your search and pm me if you'd like more info.

Linda

Can you give me a ballpark figure on homeowners insurance? I've been told it's very high, like $3,000 a year for a $150,000 home.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:33 AM

Wind and hail are high. Our home is in the range you stated and our total was a little over 2,000 a year. That does not include flood insurance which we did not need. We used Melissa at Davis and Massey - she is awesome at finding good rates.
Let me know if you need more info.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:02 AM

55 posts, read 96,813 times
We retired here to Little River two years ago, from Mass. We live in Stones Edge. No HOA's, and no mortgage. We paid $110,000 for a manufactured home. It has 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, fenced in yard for our dogs. There are many adjacent communities with moderate to expensive homes. We are just down the street from the library, registry, police station. Close to the highway, banks, stores, hospital,vet, grocery stores, and 15 minutes from the beach.We feel very safe here, and have good neighbors. Good luck with your search.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:41 AM

174 posts, read 257,688 times
Thank you shabbycasa and lizamy for your info. Our visit to the area has been delayed until July or August. Little River is one of the areas that we want to visit and consider as our retirement home. Knowing people are happy where they are living does add some comfort in making this decision. Thank you.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:46 AM

goldentraveler...wishing you the very best in your search. It can be overwhelming, but you will get there! Send me a message if I can help further or if you would want to meet when you come in July or August.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:18 PM

174 posts, read 257,688 times
Thank you shabbycasa. As time goes on, I'm sure I'll have more questions and I appreciate your help and your kindness. Congratulations on your purchase. Wishing you many years of happiness in your new home. Although we don't plan on putting our house on the market until early 2016, we've started cleaning out the clutter. It's never too early to start getting rid of stuff and I'm sure 9 months will go by quickly. You are right, the whole process is quite an undertaking and can be overwhelming. My problem is that my mind gets way ahead of myself and I have to keep my thoughts in check and think about and focus on "today". One step at a time.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,317 times
I am planning on moving down South in a few years and one of my choices was Conway, SC. Does anybody here know much about conway? Housing, shopping, hospital etc.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:36 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeboy71 View Post
I am planning on moving down South in a few years and one of my choices was Conway, SC. Does anybody here know much about conway? Housing, shopping, hospital etc.
If you use the search button there are lots of threads on Conway, and many people like it. Feel free to revive one of these threads:

Conway crime very high rate
Young couple looking to relocate to Conway or Florence areas-need feedback!
Florence/Conway - looking to move
A/C Usage in Myrtle Beach/Conway area
Conway - Coastal Carolina
Distance from Conway area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area