Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 09:22 AM

75 posts, read 97,665 times

Advertisements

We are finally here. Now we are counting on you locals to give us advice on your favorite places to eat. We know we all have our personal tastes but we need a start. Thus far we have tried Sea Captains and Rossi's ( right near where we live) Both places were VERY good. We are looking at the gambit here... From Pizza places all the way to fine dinning!

Finally, Murrles Inlet or Calabash for seafood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 09:59 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
Guess your not "LookinginFL" anymore. When you say "here", where is that?

Old 01-12-2015, 10:28 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,698,541 times
Maryland Fried Chicken on Hwy 17 at 10th. Tiny little place with no atmosphere but great chicken, gravy on mashed potatoes is a little salty for my tastes, if you are a liver and gizzards fan you will be in heaven here, really good sweet slaw - get it to go

Old 01-12-2015, 11:02 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,345,306 times
Have been a fan of Ultimate California Pizza for years. For burgers, River City Cafe is great. Creek Ratz and Dead Dog Saloon at the Marshwalk are very good.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:55 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Miyabi's Japanese Steak and Seafood......restaurant row, in NMB, near Tanger Outlet on Rt. 17

Not a fan of the seafood buffets at all.....

Old 01-12-2015, 12:26 PM

Yep, got smart and not looing in FL anymore. Thanks for the messages everyone. Tryin Angelos Steak place tonight.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:10 PM

285 posts, read 638,823 times
Congrats on settling in. Here are my favorite restaurants:

Breakfast:
- Hot Stacks (makes the best eggs IMO). Several locations (North Myrtle, Restaurant Row, downtown Myrtle). The North Myrtle location offers locals discounts.
- Eggs-Up Grille on 501 is excellent.
- If you play golf, the Legends clubhouse offers a great buffet breakfast included with the golf.

Lunch:
- Kaminski's NY Deli (Myrtle Beach, near Cane Patch driving range, makes great cheese steaks).
- Little River Deli on Rt 9 is also outstanding.
- River City Cafe (Barefoot Landing).

Dinner:

NY Style Pizza:
- Gino's (North Myrtle, Forestbrook & Carolina Forest locations).
- Anthony's (Surfside).
- Joey O's (Sunset Beach)

Italian:
- Chianti South (Little River).

Ribeye Steak:
- Angelo's (Myrtle Beach). Monday & Friday ask for the local special $13.99 Ribeye, pasta, bread, salad. Can't beat that deal and the delicious steak is served on a sizzling hot plate. Angelos receives awards each year for "Best on the Beach".
- Liberty Steakhouse (Myrtle Beach). A notch below Angelo's but still very good if you're already at Broadway at the Beach.

Hamburgers:
- Hamburger Joes (North Myrtle, across from Barefoot Landing). Quick, inexpensive meal but much better than going to McDonalds. Great fries too.
- Putters Pub (Barefoot Driving Range). Nice atmosphere inside especially to watch a sporting event.

Seafood:
- Sorry I don't like seafood so can't make a recommendation!

Old 01-13-2015, 12:09 PM

leetchy2...wow thank you for information. Thanks to all as well.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:48 AM

35 posts, read 57,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinginFL View Post
Yep, got smart and not looing in FL anymore. Thanks for the messages everyone. Tryin Angelos Steak place tonight.

If I may ask, what made you finally decide on MB rather than settling in FL. We have made the same decision and I was curious what decided it for you.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:00 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
I retired from a job (and lifetime) in NJ. I thought about retiring in FL, but it seemed too far (with family still in NJ). We had vacationed in the Myrtle Beach area several times and I just thought that SC would be just like FL only closer to NJ and cheaper. We closed on a brand new townhouse in Murrells Inlet a couple weeks after my retirement date (July 2009), bought new furniture and settled in (while still owning a house in NJ). We returned to NJ for the Fall and holidays that year. We headed back to SC around New Years 2010. Well the grass in SC was all brown, the leaves were off the trees, the ponds were frozen over and it was freezing! I told my wife that SC winters, while no where near as bad as NJ winters, just was not going to work well.

I had spent some time in a work related project in Ft. Myers FL before I retired and liked it. My wife and I decided to take a ride to SW Florida just to look around. Well this was the period when the home prices, especially in FL, had bottomed out. We ended up checking out several properties and purchased a small condo in Naples.

We sold our NJ home to our son and DIL and ended up buying a small, older condo in an adult community in NJ so we would have a place to stay while in NJ.

The nicest part of our situation is that each location is 11 hours apart driving. So we have taken to hopping between the three as the weather and family events dictate. Works out well....... We love all three places (with the exception of winter temps in SC and NJ and winter snow in NJ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area