Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:50 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkerv View Post
Thanks for trying--it sounds and looks like what we are looking for--I sent an email to the address in your first message but nobody has responded yet--I left a phone message also
What is it you would like to know? I just looked up Inlet Oaks Village and they have (6) properties for sale between $19,000-$60,000. They are manufactured on leased land. The rent is $309 per month and it seems they all have two bedrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 03:21 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
Do you know if insurance in these areas, is as high as Florida's are?
My friends have a mobile home worth about 40,000.00 not cheap, not elaborate, their insurance (due to hurricanes) is 1800.00 a year...pretty high.
It's one of the reasons I wouldn't move there, but I also have been looking for a park to retire to and stay in SC...I just don't want to spend my pension on insurance.
Understandable... insurance has become cumbersome all over the coast. I cannot say what insurance costs are for manufactured/mobile homes. It is a different animal from what I am used to. If you want, I can send you a pvt message with some local insurance companies if you are looking for a quote.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:57 AM

7 posts, read 17,191 times
Very helpful thread. Any updates or pictures on the communities mentioned in the 1st post?

Old 04-12-2009, 06:08 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
What is it you would like to know? I just looked up Inlet Oaks Village and they have (6) properties for sale between $19,000-$60,000. They are manufactured on leased land. The rent is $309 per month and it seems they all have two bedrooms.

Actually I have been corresponding privately with a lady from Inlet Oaks.
From what she said, they are revamping the park. All new landscaping etc.
I'm going down early this summer.

However, I've been watching the weather between where I am in SC and where Murrells Inlet is and I am actually a little bit warmer each day.
Then again, I'm not by the ocean either. My goal was to get out of the winter weather I experience in York County SC.

I need to look around and see what up (or not up) in the area, and if I feel there would be enough there to keep me busy and happy during retirement.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:10 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
The weather has been unusually chilly so far this year, although Friday and Saturday were gorgeous! Like you said, the only way to know if is right for you is to come on down and check it out. I am not familiar with York, so I cannot make any comparisons for you, sorry.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
The weather has been unusually chilly so far this year, although Friday and Saturday were gorgeous! Like you said, the only way to know if is right for you is to come on down and check it out. I am not familiar with York, so I cannot make any comparisons for you, sorry.
York County location: State Lines of NC/SC, meaning we can throw stones at Charlotte

I was watching the weather on weather channel this week, and again we're warmer than Murrell's Inlet....however I'm still coming down this summer to check the area out to see if it's viable for me to buy at this point, wait a few years, or not buy at all. I'm making my own head hurt

Old 04-19-2009, 05:41 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
There is a gorgeous Jensens community on 17 in Surfside beach. Lots of trees and palms......pretty in there.
Captains Cove and Living Oaks, and Inlet Cove.... heading into the Murrells Inlet are but on 17.....
All lined up in about the same area.....so easy to check them out.
I did put pictures on here at one time of the Inlet Cove. Which has a big club house and a nice pool but is a small community. Those are manufactured home communities.......
"Woodland Lakes" is in the Surfside area and they have regular stick built homes it was part of Indian Wells Golf course community.
The pictures might come up again on here if you use the search area.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 AM

3 posts, read 27,075 times
Default Moving to Murrells Inlet

Thank you, thank you. Just what I wanted to hear. We live in a 55+ park now in Arkansas and have to move East. These parks seem ideal!!!! Can't wait to visit the end of June and buy a new place.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,116 times
We are looking for a mobile home between $5500-$8500 to fix up, but would
like for it to be liveable during the process. We want to live in a park
for age 55 and up. If you have any leads please e-mail me at [email]gele92@aol.com[/email] NEAR TO THE BEACH.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:05 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
I have not seen any priced that low, but you might look into Captains cove for a big fix up property perhaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area