Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2016, 05:32 PM

108 posts, read 218,295 times

Advertisements

How is the job market in this area? I currently work in manufacturing for an aerospace company. I would be be looking for an office job...Contracts, quality, planning, purchasing,etc. Are there many manufacturing companies in this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 02:47 AM

4,766 posts, read 5,416,910 times
I would think that would be the Charleston area.

Old 09-10-2016, 04:25 PM

788 posts, read 1,612,246 times
Myrtle Beach is primarily a tourist-based economy. While there is some manufacturing here and are some jobs in your line of work, I would not expect them to be plentiful nor well-paying compared to other parts of the country I would agree with Altwarrior that you would probably have better success in finding a job in your profession in Charleston or you may also consider Greenville or Columbia.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:39 PM

108 posts, read 218,295 times
We were thinking of waiting to retire before we relocate. But I talking with people it seems we will have problems finding doctors who accept new Medicare patients. So now maybe we want to move a few years earlier to get insurance and doctors. I know that I will take a huge pay cut. Besides manufacturing are office jobs around or just touristy jobs?

Old 09-14-2016, 03:51 PM

788 posts, read 1,612,246 times
Office jobs exist but the competition is tough for the limited number available. And, I would not count on getting insurance as part of an office job...it's possible but not probable.

There are doctors that take Medicare patients so my advice is wait until you are ready to retire. Every area has doctors who do not want to take Medicare...I don't think it's any more prevalent here than anywhere else.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:45 PM

161 posts, read 237,048 times
I agree with CtYankee...we retired August 2015 and I was not eligible for Medicare until November...my wife was already on Medicare and we've had no problem with any doctors we've contacted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area