Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 01:18 PM

538 posts, read 1,007,390 times

Advertisements

Can you mom be put on the lease? Is her credit good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 12:24 AM

3 posts, read 3,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadkins0132 View Post
Thanks for the advice, blueskyblue. As I said before, I am a single mom of two, and I do not get an support at all from their father. My mother is going to be moving with me, so she can help me with rent/utilities. She will also be babysitting for me, so I will not have to worry about childcare costs. I have already found a job making pretty good money, and I am considering getting another part time job as well. The only thing I am worried about is I do not have good credit, and I know most apartment complexes check your credit history. I think that my best bet will be to try to find a mobile home to rent, at least for the first year or so. Do you know of any good areas where there are mobile home rentals? I really would not mind to live in a mobile home park, as long as it is not a horrible neighborhood. Please let me know your thoughts on this, or if you have any more advice to give me.

Girl, the one good thing about this area, you don't need good credit to rent. Don't rent from apartment complexes, they are far and few between here anyway. Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas are mostly made up of condo's which each condo has it's on owner. So long as you have the 1st month, last month and security deposit, they will be more than happy with that. Try looking in the Forestbrook area off of Forestbrook Rd. Great school system and seems like you would like it there more. You are extremely lucky to have your mother. It changes everything when you have a good support system like that.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:10 PM

13 posts, read 17,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskyblue View Post
Girl, the one good thing about this area, you don't need good credit to rent. Don't rent from apartment complexes, they are far and few between here anyway. Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas are mostly made up of condo's which each condo has it's on owner. So long as you have the 1st month, last month and security deposit, they will be more than happy with that. Try looking in the Forestbrook area off of Forestbrook Rd. Great school system and seems like you would like it there more. You are extremely lucky to have your mother. It changes everything when you have a good support system like that.
SHEWW, that is good to hear! I have been worried about the whole credit thing. I didn't realize that most of the condos are not owned by huge companies. I will definitely check out the Forestbrook area online, and see if I can find some condos, I like the idea of a condo better than an apartment, anyway. I truly am lucky to have my mom to help me out, I don't think I could do it if it wasn't for her coming with me. I have a dependable car, so I don't have to worry about getting around wherever me and my family needs to go. I appreciate you talking with me, you have really helped me out! If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
Can you mom be put on the lease? Is her credit good?
I am going to put her on the lease, but her credit isn't that good, either. I am hoping that with the income I am going to be making and her income (she draws disability), we will be approved.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,136 times
I live in Carolina Forest and my kids and I love it. I have a 4yr old and a 13yr old both involved in sports and are very happy with their schools and the new friends that they quickly made during the 1st week of school. We are currently renting and our credit wasn't the best but the requirement is you must make 3 times the rent and as long as you don't have any past evictions.Check it out online it's called the Reserves at Ridgewood Plantation.

Old 10-02-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoCarolinaForest View Post
I live in Carolina Forest and my kids and I love it. I have a 4yr old and a 13yr old both involved in sports and are very happy with their schools and the new friends that they quickly made during the 1st week of school. We are currently renting and our credit wasn't the best but the requirement is you must make 3 times the rent and as long as you don't have any past evictions.Check it out online it's called the Reserves at Ridgewood Plantation.
I think I have seen that online, I will go check it out right now, thanks!

Old 12-14-2016, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTyankee54 View Post
I've read that this company is frequently looking for people: [url]https://www.facebook.com/startek.myrtlebeach/app/1475219076027999/?ref=page_internal[/url]

I'm not really familiar with telemarketing companies in MB but you might start with some of these listings: [url=http://www.indeed.com/q-Call-Center-l-Myrtle-Beach,-SC-jobs.html]Call Center Jobs, Employment in Myrtle Beach, SC | Indeed.com[/url]
Hi, I am a CT Yankee as well and moved here in August. Thanks for this post. Having a heck of a time finding a job down here. I did move here in August with a job in place but when I showed up to work the first day - they had given it to another in-house employee!!! I have been looking for work on-line ever since.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:02 PM

5 posts, read 4,952 times
Hello! I too moved from Eastern Kentucky to myrtle beach about 8 years ago to go to college. I lived there about 4 years and left after college for where my job took me. But if you need any help or need advice from someone who is from the same area feel free to send me a msg!

I too vote for Carolina Forrest, conway, or maybe forrestbrook. As a dark horse my personal favorite town in the whole area was Murrells Inlet. All the communities there have something to offer.

When you get there go watch a movie and take your kids to the market common, Google it if you aren't familiar!

Good people there, relatively cheap, all around nice if you can get a job. I often have thoughts on returning, but not sure if it would be the same in post college life haha!

Best of luck!

Old 01-10-2017, 09:28 AM

Default Thanks, TheIrishDrifter

Thanks so much for posting, you really helped me feel like this is the right decision for me and my kids. I have been looking online at places to rent for months, and Murrels Inlet looks like a great place to live.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:47 PM

538 posts, read 1,007,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadkins0132 View Post
Thanks so much for posting, you really helped me feel like this is the right decision for me and my kids. I have been looking online at places to rent for months, and Murrels Inlet looks like a great place to live.
I love it here in Murrells Inlet. Good luck with everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area