U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 07:54 AM

39 posts, read 24,561 times

Advertisements

What is Myrtle Beach like to visit over the Christmas/winter break? Will restaurants and attractions be open? What about on actual Christmas day? Is it warm enough to walk around town or on the beach? Are nice places to stay still available at this late date? We'd love an oceanfront condo though a hotel with an indoor pool might be good too.

Our other travel plans have fallen through so we are looking for new ideas (parents and two boys, ages 7 and 11). I'm just not sure where to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 10:30 PM

626 posts, read 1,132,378 times
The weather in late December is unpredictable...the temp could be 75 or 55. It's hard to know. The average temp is about 60 that time of year so a walk on the beach in a sweatshirt is very do-able.

Most attractions will be open. Of course the water parks and amusement parks will be closed but putt-putt golf will be open, Ripley's will be open, Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot landing and the was museum will be open as well as many shows. There's a Christmas drive through light display near the baseball park. So, the short answer is that there will be plenty to do .

Most restaurants now stay open through the winter...very few close for the "off-season." As to which ones will be open Christmas day...I know that I see ads every year about some being open but I can't remember which ones. If you're here, I'm sure you will be able to find out which ones easy enough.

AS far as hotels....this is the off season. You should have no problem getting a room at a very nice rate as most hotels discount their rooms this time of year. My next door neighbor has an investment condo that he rents out. If you'd like, I can find out where it is and pass the info along to you. Or you can just go online and search for Myrtle Beach hotels and find one on your own. My brother has been staying at a resort in the northern part of MB that his kids just love. If you'd like, I can find out the name of that also.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:08 AM

39 posts, read 24,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTyankee54 View Post
The weather in late December is unpredictable...the temp could be 75 or 55. It's hard to know. The average temp is about 60 that time of year so a walk on the beach in a sweatshirt is very do-able.

Most attractions will be open. Of course the water parks and amusement parks will be closed but putt-putt golf will be open, Ripley's will be open, Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot landing and the was museum will be open as well as many shows. There's a Christmas drive through light display near the baseball park. So, the short answer is that there will be plenty to do .

Most restaurants now stay open through the winter...very few close for the "off-season." As to which ones will be open Christmas day...I know that I see ads every year about some being open but I can't remember which ones. If you're here, I'm sure you will be able to find out which ones easy enough.

AS far as hotels....this is the off season. You should have no problem getting a room at a very nice rate as most hotels discount their rooms this time of year. My next door neighbor has an investment condo that he rents out. If you'd like, I can find out where it is and pass the info along to you. Or you can just go online and search for Myrtle Beach hotels and find one on your own. My brother has been staying at a resort in the northern part of MB that his kids just love. If you'd like, I can find out the name of that also.
Thank you so much, this is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. If you are able to find the name of the resort in North Myrtle Beach that would be great. And is there a big difference between Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach? I am guessing that we will be driving somewhat no matter where we stay.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:29 AM

626 posts, read 1,132,378 times
Oceanfront Resort Myrtle Beach | Myrtle Beach Vacations | Dunes Village Resort

The Dunes is actually in the northern part of Myrtle Beach. North Myrtle Beach is a separate town a little further north of the Dunes. Where the Dunes is located is much quieter than the main drag of MB. North MB is even quieter. If you are driving getting to attractions, etc. will be no problem from The Dunes.

There are cheaper places to stay but they are not as nice nor do they have the amenities of The Dunes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area