U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2017, 05:41 PM

56 posts, read 110,659 times

Advertisements

Our yearly vacation is usually in late September or early October to Myrtle Beach. We've stayed in the Caribbean, Bayview on the boardwalk and few other oceanfront resorts. This year we're having to go a little earlier due to work, schedules and because of prices I've thought about ocean lakes.
My main concern is the crowds. I've read a few posts stating that the campgrounds aren't too bad (beside noise) but during summer months the pools, water park and even beach are too busy. Thoughts?
I have 2 daughters, 3 and 5 year old and playing with them in a bumper to bumper waterpark or pool isn't quite what I'm looking for.
The dates I'm looking at are:
Apr 29 - May 5
May 27 - June 2
And pretty much anytime in July
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 06:12 AM

20 posts, read 12,264 times
Ocean Lakes is in a better area and there is a State Park a mile up the road. The campground should be perfect for the kids , plenty ta do. There is a water park in Surfside that is 2 lights south of the campground that is much less crowded than MB. I dont see why you wouldn't enjoy it. May / June the water is warm enough to swim April not so much

Old 01-29-2017, 03:24 AM

357 posts, read 659,738 times
Since they expanded the water park on their property the pool isn't nearly as crowded as it used to be, it's just really hard to grab a chair unless you go real early or mid-afternoon. The beach is no more crowded than any other beach at the usual times, everyone goes early to miss the hot afternoons, evenings it can be a ghost town on the beach.

Every night all the golf carts go cruising along the beachfront road, that gets real busy and it's hard to get to your campsite or house if it's anywhere from the pool area to the beachfront, except for the far North end of the campground.

The absolute only worst thing is just getting there. Saturday is the busiest check-in day and the main entrance intersection is a disaster(us17 & 522). If you come down 522 South and get there in the afternoon expect to wait up to an hour to get through that intersection, my advise is to take U.S. 17 from Myrtle Beach down, there's still a wait but it's about 20 minutes or less.

The best thing that overrides the few negatives is that I have always felt my kids were safe in that community when we stayed there, and they always had fun.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 504 times
We have our camper down at Ocean Lakes. It's a really busy place plus we love it. The amenities for families are unbeatable. The kids will love it. Yes the pool and the beach get crowded during the Summer but every place at the beach does honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area