Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:42 AM

3 posts, read 18,685 times

Advertisements

StarFishy,
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I live in the Lake Forest section of Surfside Beach Club. I don't know what your friend meant by noise? I live near the Glenns Bay entrance and I don't hear anything. As far as the airport, you hear a few loud ones here and there, but they don't fly low in this area. The clubhouse is nice, but you have to reserve it. The pool is big now, but will become too small once the neighborhood is built out. We have a activities director who plans a monthly calendar with things like game nights, aerobics, personal training and neighborhood cookouts. The HOA is $90/month which isn't bad for a gated community. They are not building anything on the Lake Forest side because people are not looking to spend over $400K. They started building the low end homes at $195K and those (Clearwater Lakes) are the ones selling now. There should be a total of 500 homes, but as far as I know, there are not even 50% built out. The economy has taken a toll on new construction, but eventually it will be nice. I love the location and the access to either Glenns Bay or 17 Bypass. I hear they will be putting a light at the entrance to 17, so it will be easier to get in/out on busy times.
Hopefully that answered most of your questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 10:10 PM

2 posts, read 8,821 times
Hi Surfside Gal, thanks for replying to my email from April. The information you sent me helped, thanks. We've been out to the beach the last 4 weekends in a row. But we were to busy doing other things to go house hunting, but I did notice a lot more homes at SBC as we passed by. We're still interested in that development, but my husband and I have different wants when it comes to locations and neighborhoods. He doesn't care for to many rules like you get with some HOA. He doesn't want to pay high fees either (which the $90 at SBC seems reasonable), and he would prefer to be on the intercoastal water way (which I doubt we can afford). I want neighbors and friends, and activities near my home. But we both thought that the quality of the homes at SBC were better then what we had looked at up to that point. I also like the fact that the pool and the club house are there already. I don't want to buy a bunch of promises and find out the builder folds. I wouldn't mind staying in Florence, but the house is to big for us now, and more then I want to keep clean. Also, my husband is tired of the up keep of our inground pool, he also is tired of driving to other places to find thinks to do. Florence has it's homey quiet feel, but not much night life. Our home is 25yrs. old, and I'm looking forward to having something more up to date. So keep me up to date on any changes at SBC. We think the housing slump is just about at bottom and will soon be on the rebound, so were gearing up to make some home improvements this fall and getting back on the house hunting wagon again.

Thanks for you help,
StaryFish

Old 09-28-2008, 12:49 PM

20 posts, read 58,192 times
Default Surfside Gal community question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside Gal View Post
StarFishy,
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I live in the Lake Forest section of Surfside Beach Club. I don't know what your friend meant by noise? I live near the Glenns Bay entrance and I don't hear anything. As far as the airport, you hear a few loud ones here and there, but they don't fly low in this area. The clubhouse is nice, but you have to reserve it. The pool is big now, but will become too small once the neighborhood is built out. We have a activities director who plans a monthly calendar with things like game nights, aerobics, personal training and neighborhood cookouts. The HOA is $90/month which isn't bad for a gated community. They are not building anything on the Lake Forest side because people are not looking to spend over $400K. They started building the low end homes at $195K and those (Clearwater Lakes) are the ones selling now. There should be a total of 500 homes, but as far as I know, there are not even 50% built out. The economy has taken a toll on new construction, but eventually it will be nice. I love the location and the access to either Glenns Bay or 17 Bypass. I hear they will be putting a light at the entrance to 17, so it will be easier to get in/out on busy times.
Hopefully that answered most of your questions.
I have a question about surfside beach club. I'm looking to purchase in this community but would like to know if there area alot of families with children? I have a 10 year old child and I would like to know if there are other children or is it a retirement community?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 AM

Surfside gal, I am considering moving to surfside beach club. My concern is that I have an 11yo child and I would like to know if this development has other children , or is it primarily retired individuals?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:50 AM

Default Children in Surfside beach club

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber3 View Post
Surfside gal, I am considering moving to surfside beach club. My concern is that I have an 11yo child and I would like to know if this development has other children , or is it primarily retired individuals?
Also does anyone know about homeowners insurance? Is it hard to get?

Old 03-19-2009, 08:18 AM

3 posts, read 10,164 times
Quote:
Just bought, and we have a 10 year old daughter

Old 03-19-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Insurance can be high, depending on WHERE you are in Surfside Beach Club. Some parts are in the hurricane wind zone and this requires that you carry state mandated insurance for WIND that is only offered by the state and triples your premium. We're paying ust over $2K/year for - admittedly not enough coverage to replace as is.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
See my other post Re: Insurance. If wind isn't required, we've had quotes as low as $600 per year. Try the Field Insurance Agency. They were the cheapest March 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area