Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,262 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with the condos on Oyster Catcher near Barefoot? If so, are they quiet, safe, etc? Anything you can tell me about them is helpful...

I'm looking to purchase something easy to maintain that I can lock and leave for long periods of time. This would purely be a vacation home. Most units being offered for sale come furnished, and I like that the HOA covers pretty much everything except property taxes, contents insurance, and electric. Simplifies things.

Also, are there any similar alternatives? I'd only use the property for one to three months a year (summer). I have two small dogs, so I don't want to be in a "condo-tel" (I need places to walk them). Being able to hire a management company to rent the place is a bonus as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 07:49 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
We are in Willow Bend, in Barefoot Resort....it's a lovely community! We, too, rent ours when we aren't there. We use Barefoot Paradise Vacations (Might be Barefoot Resort Vacations, now.....they keep changing the name!)...but we've been very happy with them....they really keep an eye on the property, and have been very helpful when glitches happen (which they will, from time to time!)

The only downside to renting is the renters themselves....folks can be pretty hard on a place that isn't theirs....but it's all part of the rental process!

Old 03-11-2017, 08:30 AM

9 posts, read 13,265 times
What I tell all my clients, kind of jokingly, who are looking to buy in there is.......who is going to go commit a crime in Barefoot and then take the chance that the bridge is turned when they are trying to escape?

Old 03-26-2017, 07:47 AM

6 posts, read 9,557 times
We own a 2 bed/2 bath condo in the Ironwood subdivision off Oyster Catcher that we use for 1-2 months/year and we love it. During the summer, a lot of short term renters bring varying degrees of noise, but the place is beautiful, nicely maintained and safe. The pool has a coded lock and security during the summer to enforce only Ironwood guests are using the facilities. Ironwood has a great pool, tennis, basketball, and sand volleyball. The monthly fees in Ironwood include everything but electric and personal property insurance. Renters are not allowed to bring Fido, but owners- no problem, you just do a one time registration. Your property taxes will be higher than a full-time resident. We pay about $1500/year.

Just remember that garden style condos don't have a lot of insulation, so your neighbors can be heard. If you don't mind steps, make sure to buy a 3rd floor condo so you don't hear your neighbors stomping around above you, also an end unit gives more light and cross breezes with the extra window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area