Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 07:59 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,860,354 times

Advertisements

Good morning MB area gang....

I will be entertaining a few of my friends in May for a short girls' weekend and I need some info. We have a beach shack in the Garden City area and I'm looking for some recommendations for Saturday morning brunch and evening cocktails/live music (by the beach if available). I'd like to stay Surfside or South but I'm trying to avoid driving all the way down to Charleston. We really enjoyed Page's Okra Grill in Mt. Pleasant recently and I would love to find something along those lines. I think that the Garden City Pier and MI will provide enough of the evening cocktails with live music for us but I'm always looking for recommendations since I'm not there year 'round and may miss a new great spot. Thanks in advance for the help! Tina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 11:51 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,649,178 times
Hi, Tinabean,

If you could explain what you are looking for a little bit more, I could probably recommend some places for you and your friends. I don't know anything about Page's Okra Grill, so it's impossible to tell you what places might be similar.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Hi, Tinabean,

If you could explain what you are looking for a little bit more, I could probably recommend some places for you and your friends. I don't know anything about Page's Okra Grill, so it's impossible to tell you what places might be similar.
Hi Vrexy....

Sorry about that! You are totally right.

I'm looking for a place that offers a brunch menu on Saturday morning with upscale Southern food...for instance, oysters with cheddar grits, traditional shrimp and grits, chicken/waffles, biscuits with gravy.....brunch foods with nicely made cocktails (bloody mary, mimosa, etc..).

Thank you!!
You have been tremendously helpful in the past and I appreciate your input.

Tina

Old 04-25-2017, 03:17 PM

215 posts, read 543,320 times
and those desserts!

Old 04-25-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
Hi Vrexy....

Sorry about that! You are totally right.

I'm looking for a place that offers a brunch menu on Saturday morning with upscale Southern food...for instance, oysters with cheddar grits, traditional shrimp and grits, chicken/waffles, biscuits with gravy.....brunch foods with nicely made cocktails (bloody mary, mimosa, etc..).

Thank you!!
You have been tremendously helpful in the past and I appreciate your input.

Tina
Well, Tina, I'm happy to know that I've been helpful in the past, but I'm sorry to say that I don't think I can help you with this one! I wish I knew of such a place in our area, but I don't. What I will do, is ask around and see if any of my friends know of a place that has these types of things. And PLEASE, if you do find a place, let me know! It sounds absolutely wonderful!

I'm also going to send you a pm about a link that you might ask these questions. I would post it on here, but I don't think that CD allows links to outside websites like Facebook, etc.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:26 PM

Tina, I just now posted your requirements on that page I told you about in the DM I sent you. I hope someone can suggest a place, because I want to go there, too! Sounds wonderful and if I'm ever in the Mt. Pleasant area, I will make sure to go to Page's Okra Grill.

Also, there's a new place in Surfside Beach that I've never been to, but it's all the rage and everyone seems to really love it. It's called Jellie Bellie & Co. Located in the WildWest Plaza:

800 Highway 17 S
Surfside Beach, South Carolina, SC 29575

I'll share a link here and hope my post doesn't get deleted!

https://www.facebook.com/Jellie-Bell...2675055805007/

Old 04-26-2017, 06:55 AM

538 posts, read 1,001,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Tina, I just now posted your requirements on that page I told you about in the DM I sent you. I hope someone can suggest a place, because I want to go there, too! Sounds wonderful and if I'm ever in the Mt. Pleasant area, I will make sure to go to Page's Okra Grill.

Also, there's a new place in Surfside Beach that I've never been to, but it's all the rage and everyone seems to really love it. It's called Jellie Bellie & Co. Located in the WildWest Plaza:

800 Highway 17 S
Surfside Beach, South Carolina, SC 29575

I'll share a link here and hope my post doesn't get deleted!

https://www.facebook.com/Jellie-Bell...2675055805007/
My wife went there for breakfast about 10 days ago, and loved it. So I went with her therefor lunch just the other day. Decor inside? Real nice, chic per say....but the lunch menu??? Nothing to write home about. It's basically hamburgers and hotdogs. I kid you not, they have about 8 different hamburgers, and 8 different hot dogs on their lunch menu. It was a decent burger. Hopefully they will expand their menu over time ( they only opened about 2 weeks ago).
The owners seemed nice, and I hope they do well, but they really need to expand the menu.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:19 AM

Vrexy has done it again....she was able to send me a list with like 8 wonderful suggestions. Thanks to ALL of you for helping me with your input. I'm so excited and appreciative. I've truly met the nicest and most helpful folks through this forum
I'll circle back after trying a few of these and let you know which ones rated highly for our group.
XOXOXO

Old 04-26-2017, 08:42 AM

SC Here I Come - Thanks for the feedback. I haven't been there yet, and am hoping that they soon post a menu online, so that I can see what they have. I don't know why everyone seems to love it so much, but as I said, it's all the rage from what I hear.

Tinabean - so glad I could help you! I hope you have a great time with your friends and yes, please do report back on places you eat and let us know what you think.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:48 PM

538 posts, read 1,001,433 times
I'm curious what 8 restaurants you recommended for Tina. We're always looking for new places.

I hope you suggested heading over to Market Common for food & shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area