U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 04:59 PM

78 posts, read 64,388 times

Advertisements

Which grocery stores in MB have the best prices? I live near Broadway at the Beach. I see that there's a Bi-Lo, Walmart, Pigg Wig, Lowes Food and Food Lion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 09:21 PM

19,959 posts, read 18,791,995 times
Supermarket
BI-LO
Food Lion
Harvey's Supermarket
Kroger
Lowe's Foods
Piggly Wiggly
Publix
Walmart Neighborhood Market

Hypermarket
Walmart Supercenter

Wholesale club
Costco
Sam's Club

Limited assortment/discount grocery
Aldi

Specialty organic/gourmet grocery
The Fresh Market

In regards to prices, BI-LO, Food Lion, and Lowe's Foods usually have higher prices. Kroger, Publix, Walmart Neighborhood Market, and Walmart Supercenter usually have lower prices.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:53 PM

20,836 posts, read 39,052,603 times
Hello Myrtle Beach...

Which supermarkets in MB are considered the places with best selection / highest quality.

Am familiar with Costco, Kroger (aka King Soopers and Fry's) and Wal-Mart here in ARIZ and COLO. Also recall Food Lion from VA but that was 18 years ago....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:01 PM

5,183 posts, read 13,299,098 times
I don't think Wal-mart is a "quality" food place. Sure, you can get some things cheaper, but I'm not a fan of their meats at all!

I liked our Food Lion in Va., before they were bought out in our area. I shop in several different stores, because not EVERY store has EVERYTHING I like! Try a couple, and see which suits you best! I use Bi-lo, because it's closest and on my way to and from everywhere. I also like Krogers......but I have to make a special trip for that. We are in the NMB area.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:12 PM

623 posts, read 1,132,088 times
I think Lowes Foods has the best produce although they can be a little higher than others. Publix has the best meat. The rest are pretty much equal in those products. For fresh seafood to cook at home, Fish Monger in Surfside (not a supermarket...just a local fish market).

Old 03-30-2018, 01:19 PM

3,378 posts, read 7,868,626 times
My experience in best product, quality and shopping experience is:

Lowes
Publix
Kroger
Bi-Lo
Walmart Neighborhood Market
Food Lion

Of course YMMV depending on your preference, shopping habits and location.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:42 PM

16 posts, read 6,356 times
Lowe's Foods is my favorite. Best quality name brand food in my opinion. Food Lion probably has the best prices though. Especially if you have their rewards card.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:21 PM

214 posts, read 471,037 times
Weekly Specials of the ones where I usually shop: (Others GOOGLE: STORE, Weekly Ad)

1. FOOD LION
https://www.foodlion.com/weekly-spec...pe_name=weekly

2. BI LO
https://coupons.bi-lo.com/weeklyad/?store=5514&s=

3. KROGER
https://www.kroger.com/weeklyad?Stor...DivisionId=026

4. PUBLIX
Publix - Weekly Ad - Myrtle Beach

Old 06-23-2018, 04:05 PM

14 posts, read 8,232 times
Default Groceries

Kroger best overall prices, and quality.
Costco best food warehouse, so much better than Samís club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or