Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 04:46 PM

15 posts, read 12,067 times

Advertisements

Went car shopping at Myrtle Beach dealers over weekend. Went to three dealers and all had jacked up aftermarket window stickers one was $3,000.00 on top of MSRP. It cost dealer about $300.00, l know these are a rip off so I left. Any suggestions on honest dealers that don't try to gouge you with this scam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 05:31 PM

161 posts, read 237,849 times
The challenge always in advertised prices and what is actually on the lot, the fact that most deals you see are base models, etc. I have only purchased from one dealer here in MB and that was at Sparks Toyota on route 501 and got roadside service and 3 years of oil changes.

In my pre-retirment life I purchased a number of vehicles for our company fleet and typically I already knew what the MSRP vs dealer invoice price was (in the day when Kelly Blue Book was actually a book) and could challenge prices to get them at dealer cost.

I was at Sparks for an oil change and they had some nice Toyota Camry's for $18,700 (a base model but with a lot of features such as power windows, locks, etc, cruise, and back up camera.)

Old 05-18-2017, 01:09 PM

285 posts, read 639,211 times
Every car dealer will try to make as much as possible when selling a car. Your only defense is to be prepared and have done your research. You'll need to find out the exact dealer's invoice on the specific car you're interested in. These are widely available in consumer reports guides. You'll also want to find out any available manufacturer's incentives & dealer kickbacks. Theoretically you can buy a car less than invoice with these incentives/kickbacks, but they take more research to figure out. Once you compute the total cost of what the car cost the dealer figure adding anywhere from $250-$1500 over that price and that would be considered a fair price. The amount over true cost will vary depending on the model & demand for that car.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:37 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
Get the actual pricing from Consumer Reports....then you can "haggle" based on the real prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: