U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 02:44 PM

657 posts, read 273,944 times

Advertisements

I have a young family and we're thinking about doing a quick 3-4 day trip to Myrtle Beach just after Christmas. I realize it can be quite cold, but figure we could bundle up and maybe get a place with an indoor pool - do the hotels with indoor pools stay open year round? Also, are other family friendly activities like mini-golf, the ferris wheel, and anything else open year round?

My kids are a bit too young to go to shows, but if the weather is really bad, I'm guessing there is some indoor stuff (like aquariums) around?

Any recommendations on specific hotels? Doesn't need to be fancy but we would want something clean and family friendly.

Would you be for or against it?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 07:35 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,260 posts, read 5,043,871 times
Check online (or check with whichever hotel you choose) for what will be available to do. The really cold weather is in January and February.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:52 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,651,143 times
There are lots of hotels that will be open that have indoor pools and lazy river type swimming activities. The average temperature here at that time of year is about 57 degrees with lows around 39 degrees. I don't think any of the mini-golf places are open then, but I'm not sure about that, since I never go to them. Also, not sure about the ferris wheel - you would have to google that.

As far as other activities, yes, there are a lot of things to do with kids. The aquarium, Wonderworks - https://www.wonderworksonline.com/myrtle-beach/ and other types of things like that. You didn't mention your kids ages, so it's hard to know what else they might enjoy.

I can't recommend any specific hotels because I live here so I don't stay in hotels here, but there are a lot of them.

Some places are closed for the off season, but there are many places that stay open year round and you should have no trouble finding fun things to do with your family.

If I were you, I'd do it! I hope you have a wonderful family vacation!

Old 11-16-2017, 11:44 AM

1,496 posts, read 1,182,514 times
Actually I think most of the mini-golf are open.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/M...1!4b1?hl=en-US

Old 11-16-2017, 01:37 PM

657 posts, read 273,944 times
Thanks all! Great recommendations for things to do. Kids are 1 and 4 so can be a bit tough with the 1 year old with long mid-day naps but she does well traveling. I'll run it by my wife as she may want to just have a low key holiday, but if not this December, hopefully we'll get the family down there soon.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:02 PM

93 posts, read 97,084 times
I would go with Dunes Village Resort . Good place for kids and they will assist you with possible activities .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or