Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 964 times

Advertisements

My husband and I moved to Myrtle in 2011 for only a few months before we knew we were expecting so we went home to ohio. When we lived there we stayed with family due to we just couldn't settle on a place to live. So now two kids later we are thinking about moving in about a year. I dont really care for the myrtle beach area but my husband was born there and that is where all his family is. I just want to know options on other places to live close to his family in Socastee. So im looking for ideas for a very nice apartment complex with pool and near shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 04:16 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,700,099 times
What's your rental budget? When you say near shopping are you talking about walking distance, or a short drive? Vinings at Market Common run about $1400 for a three bedroom. You also might want to look at renting a house in a development, those will run about $2400 to $3000 in the Market Common area.
The Carolina Forest area is very family oriented, but you need a car to get to shopping.
What type of schooling are you looking for?

Old 01-12-2018, 05:45 PM

231 posts, read 156,471 times
If you do not like the area find another area to move to. Just because someone was born in an area does not mean you need to be unhappy there.

There are some very nice growing pocket communities now in Myrtle Beach since you have left. The growth outward gives you the out of the Myrtle Beach area vibe if you are looking for that.

We lived in Carolina Forest area for 2 years and loved being towards the "backend" of 501. The new hospital and plenty of new things make it even nicer in my opinion.

From the backside you can avoid 501 traffic by just jumping on the Bays Parkway or other roads.

We only moved back to Florida because we missed Disney World a lot.

Carolina Forest K-12 is a very good school in my opinion.

Not much transient constant movement in that area that we notice. Here is Florida people are moving in and out so much you never get to know them.

Move only because you have your finances in order and you want to live somewhere you will be happy and gives your kids a good education.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: