Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 06:05 PM

3 posts, read 5,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z View Post
Thank you so much!☺ That really helps. I live in Idaho now and we have no humidity. But I can't stand the winters! I'm originally from Southern CA.
I was once in TX in June and the humidity was unbareable and the mosquitos ate me alive!!
I was in Nasville in June for 10 days and didn't really notice the humidity or bugs! Confusing to me!
We are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach next summer.
Running the a/c all summer..What does your electric run per month/$$?
We are originally from the Jersey Shore, so to me the humidity is the same. The exception is that while winter is chilly\cold here, there isn't any snow; very rarely is there ice storms.

Anyway, our house insurance runs us around $750\yr. for $160K coverage + + inventoried contents.
Auto insurance depends on the car, if it still has a lienholder, age of the car and of course any violations you receive here. It is called an "ad valorem" tax, which ran for us $500.00, my car being a 2017 Nissan and hubby's 2005 Dodge Dakota. This continues on for life I think. We moved to SC two years ago and LOVE IT!! It reminds us of Jersey in a lot of ways, not to mention the obvious, which is that this area is FLOODED with NJ-NY-PA-CT and other northern states' residents who relocated here to escape all the city's density and its problems.

Our electric bill runs around $110 per month during the summer; our water, sewer and a few small items tacked onto it runs around $70 +\-

PS: Be VERY careful which development-subdivision you buy in: HOA fees can run anywhere from $25 per month to $500 per month. We first bought in farm country, about 50 miles north of MB, but it was too isolated, so we sold--in three weeks--and bought in a subdivision that has NO HOA. There are some--you just have to look. If you need a Realtor here, we can recommend two great ones.

I hope this helps your decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 01:39 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,938,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader2 View Post
We are originally from the Jersey Shore, so to me the humidity is the same. The exception is that while winter is chilly\cold here, there isn't any snow; very rarely is there ice storms.

Anyway, our house insurance runs us around $750\yr. for $160K coverage + + inventoried contents.
Auto insurance depends on the car, if it still has a lienholder, age of the car and of course any violations you receive here. It is called an "ad valorem" tax, which ran for us $500.00, my car being a 2017 Nissan and hubby's 2005 Dodge Dakota. This continues on for life I think. We moved to SC two years ago and LOVE IT!! It reminds us of Jersey in a lot of ways, not to mention the obvious, which is that this area is FLOODED with NJ-NY-PA-CT and other northern states' residents who relocated here to escape all the city's density and its problems.

Our electric bill runs around $110 per month during the summer; our water, sewer and a few small items tacked onto it runs around $70 +\-

PS: Be VERY careful which development-subdivision you buy in: HOA fees can run anywhere from $25 per month to $500 per month. We first bought in farm country, about 50 miles north of MB, but it was too isolated, so we sold--in three weeks--and bought in a subdivision that has NO HOA. There are some--you just have to look. If you need a Realtor here, we can recommend two great ones.

I hope this helps your decision.
Thank you so much. Very big help. What area do you live now? We've been looking at Little River online. We Would prefer no HOA. Don't want to live rural!
We won't be moving for 2 1/2 years.
Could you DM those realtors to me?
We plan to take a trip out there next September.
It seems like a great place to live. I'm just a bit concerned
About the humidity and bugs!
Thanks again☺

Old 07-29-2018, 04:17 PM

99 posts, read 141,463 times
As for bugs, I live on the waterway in MB. There's some out during the day. I run a fan when I'm sitting outdoors because of the heat and to blow the bugs away. Sometimes I'll spray myself, they're not so bad that you can't sit out. In Mass we had large mosquitoes that you would hear first, here they're very small bugs and I don't know that they've bit me until a minute later.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKY12 View Post
As for bugs, I live on the waterway in MB. There's some out during the day. I run a fan when I'm sitting outdoors because of the heat and to blow the bugs away. Sometimes I'll spray myself, they're not so bad that you can't sit out. In Mass we had large mosquitoes that you would hear first, here they're very small bugs and I don't know that they've bit me until a minute later.
Thank you☺

Old 07-31-2018, 10:23 AM

132 posts, read 174,237 times
Home owners insurance is rated by how close to the beach you are. It is expensive there because of wind. Ours was about $ 1500 per year on a newer house 2 miles to ocean. Car insurance is also more than it was in Massachusetts, by about $500 a year. As to bugs, you will need a bug guy every 90 days or you will have bugs. Even then, you may have some. I do know people who take care of this themselves, so its possible. But you will absolutely need bug treatment. Termites are common and you will need a termite treatment too.
Its humid there, and hot. Its why I moved there. Its not however Florida hot so theres that.

Best of Luck

Old 08-02-2018, 10:59 AM

Thank you☺
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area