Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2008, 05:35 PM

8 posts, read 34,091 times

Advertisements

Looking for general info on the golf courses in Myrtle Beach from a membership perspective. Considering the idea of purchasing a second home in the area and would like to join a golf club if we do so. Curious what the costs are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 08:13 PM

882 posts, read 3,537,652 times
Why join a club when the greens fees at most of the local courses are so cheap? Unless you're looking for a little more exclusivity... and that's a different story..

Really, you'd be better off not having to join a single club.. playing the same course time after time when you have in excess of 100+ courses to choose from...

Old 08-21-2008, 04:47 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Most don't join the clubs. They do have groups though. A wonderful idea is to join at the Senior Center. Once you join the center you join in on the senior golf. ( total is about $40) They have outtings to many of the more expensive golf locations for a really great price. You can sign up to attend on those days with the group. Also, many home locations have their own groups that go out ( using the senior booklet) and visit various courses. Rrufast is right.........with over 100 courses, why be stuck at one.
There are just too many wonderful golf courses. International Club is a favorite, Barefoot Dunes, World Tour..........Oh I just can't name all one hundred!
Having a husband who golfs I can tell you the excitement abounds when there is a day spent at some new and special course. That happens often.
Its a golfers heaven in Myrtle Beach............Just a few to be aware of an alligator.
Perhaps one is........The Witch!
Oh funny, one time I saw a huge alligator at the edge of a water area, back behind that area was a tee off spot. I sat at the side of the road in amazement. Hoping, gosh oh me, that someone wouldn't sink a ball!!!! ( Oh I must add that that was over the border in NC)

Last edited by Summering; 08-21-2008 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: add

Old 08-27-2008, 06:41 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
Check out Barefoot Resorts--tons of different style homes to choose from, and 4 golf courses just WAITING for you to play!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:09 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,776,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Check out Barefoot Resorts--tons of different style homes to choose from, and 4 golf courses just WAITING for you to play!
I second that. I have friends that live there and love it. I heard the golf courses are really great there also.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 AM

37 posts, read 169,148 times
Mb has the best golf experience EVER. Any cost is worth it

Old 01-07-2009, 09:55 AM

80 posts, read 322,809 times
Default MB private golf

For an area with so many (120) golf courses, Myrtle Beach offers few truly private clubs, most on the south end of the Strand. They are DeBordieu Colony near Georgetown (Pete Dye course), The Reserve at Litchfield Beach (Greg Norman), and Wachesaw Plantation (Fazio). Farther north there is the Surf Club, which transitioned to private status a few years ago (more "classic" course than the others), as well as the mentioned Barefoot courses and the newer Members Club at Grande Dunes (a Nick Price layout that I found nothing special when I played it). But that is about it for private courses. You can become a member of a semi-private course (I belong to Pawleys Plantation, a fine Nicklaus course), but you will not have the strictly private club experience, as these courses permit package play for those staying on property. If you decided to go the public play route, you can purchase the Myrtle Beach Passport golf card for just $39 a year and receive significant discounts up and down the Grand Strand (up to 60% off, which comes in handy at the more expensive layouts). Up to three other players can come along with you and pay the same green fees as you, which is a nice feature. And you can use the card over and over at the same courses....I have reviewed the courses and golf communities in the Myrtle Beach area at my web site, Golf Community Reviews.com, if you care to check them out (I don't think I am permitted to put a link here). I would be happy to answer any other questions you might have. Overall, if you have a choice, I would look to buy a home in the South Strand where there is less traffic and, in my humble estimation, slightly more stability in housing values.

Larry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area