U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 12-08-2008, 03:55 PM

882 posts, read 2,060,342 times
I know you asked Rapture.. but seeing that I was checking out the forum.. I thought I'd give a response as well....

Barefoot Resorts is a very nice community.. it offers various forms of housing, single family, multifamily, condo style, more upscale private type condos, & duplex style homes. Some communities are gated, some are not. It depends on the 'lifestyle' you would like to maintain.

Barefoot itself is very well kept and is in a relatively centralized location. The *only* negative I can speak of is getting in/out during tourist season. Having only the one main bridge for ingress/egress is really the only thing that *I* personally do not like about Barefoot.

Having said that.. there is now second means of getting in and out but it requires driving down a dirt road (Water Tower Road) for approx 2-4 miles, depending on whether you're going to Highway 90 (North) or over to Hwy 31 (South East)

I'm in and out of there all the time and I notice a lot of primary residences as well as secondary and rental properties. All in all, a very diverse mixture or owners/residents.. which is nice in my opinion.

Feel free to PM if you have any other questions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-08-2009, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,437 times
Exclamation Haunted houses

There is one at adventure beach paintball and at headshots surf shop in north myrtle beach.

Last edited by Rapture; 10-11-2009 at 04:57 PM..

Unread 10-10-2009, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 4,449 times
I run a haunted house called THE RABON HOUSE this is our second year, it is a real live haunted house thats about 100 years old and has been abandoned. If you like Dr Screams then you will love this one!BUT the best part is admission is only $6. Its off of hwy 90 on starbluff Rd, 4 miles east of hwy 22 and 5.5 miles west of nixons crossroads.We will be open oct 16,17,23,24,30,31 and nov 1st. The rabon house is on hwy 90.

Last edited by Rapture; 10-11-2009 at 04:57 PM..

Unread 10-25-2009, 06:49 AM

3 posts, read 10,670 times
Myrtle Beach Haunted Houses - Haunted Warehouse - Terror Under The Bridge: This haunted attraction was voted as the top haunt on the Grand Strand. October 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 from 7pm till-11pm. Admission at the door $10.person.
Some think this warehouse built in the 1890’s is haunted, and is the area’s only true Myrtle Beach Haunted House. This 8000 square foot, lower river warehouse, is located a few minutes from Myrtle Beach. Situated in downtown Conway SC, under the Main Street Bridge on the Riverwalk.
This old warehouse was visited by The Ghost Hunters a few years back as they gathered evidence of paranormal activity.
Other Myrtle Beach Haunted Houses and North Myrtle Beach Haunted Houses put on shows, but this is the real deal! If you are going to visit only one indoor haunted attraction, dark adventure, or Halloween event, this season….. this is the one you want to see!
Directions from Myrtle Beach SC: Take 501 North toward Conway. Merge right onto US-501 BR/SC-544. Continue to follow US-501, go over the bridge and take the first right over the bridge

Group rates for groups of 8 + Here’s a new way to bond with your customers, church group, or employees and their families by sharing a unique, exciting, interactive outing they will talk about for months to come. You will have your group huddled together as they laugh, scream and cry through the labyrinth of heart pounding thrills. Together, Terror Under The Bridge and your company will provide your guests with an evening full of excitement, laughter and most importantly, great memories.

Call for special pricing for groups of 50 or more
For more information call (843) 283-9229 or (843) 421-2422

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,627 times
does anyone know the prices for these haunted trails and houses? dr scream rules. we always to there.

Unread 10-06-2010, 07:22 PM

197 posts, read 224,922 times
Come to my house this year for a show you'll never forget !....wait a min..i'm still in NY...lol

I'm all ready this year with fog, music, black lights, and a chainsaw. Kids will **** bricks...lol

Unread 10-07-2010, 08:26 PM

197 posts, read 224,922 times
double tap

Last edited by Dregg; 10-07-2010 at 08:50 PM..

Unread 10-08-2010, 08:18 AM

9 posts, read 19,317 times
Where's a good place to get pumpkins outside of a regular store? Or for that matter, pick or at least buy large quantities of apples? Yep, still trying to replace things we had in California, or at least get something similar. (There are days, especially during the holidays, I'm really questioning this move!) I've got a 9 yo son with special needs who is thriving but there are things he wants to do that he's used to, and we're trying to accommodate that as much as possible. Thanks!

Unread 10-08-2010, 01:37 PM

738 posts, read 907,494 times
Default Pumpkins and maybe apples......

Surfside United Methodist Church in Surfside Beach, which is right on the corner of business 17 and 13th Ave. N. has a big pumpkin patch with lots of pumpkins for sale.

Not sure about where to buy "large quantities" of apples, but there are a lot of roadside markets all up and down business 17. And there is Lee's Farm Market in Murrells Inlet. They usually have a good selection of fruit and vegetables, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzybeader View Post
Where's a good place to get pumpkins outside of a regular store? Or for that matter, pick or at least buy large quantities of apples? Yep, still trying to replace things we had in California, or at least get something similar. (There are days, especially during the holidays, I'm really questioning this move!) I've got a 9 yo son with special needs who is thriving but there are things he wants to do that he's used to, and we're trying to accommodate that as much as possible. Thanks!

Unread 10-08-2010, 07:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,525 times
Myrtle Beach Halloween 2010 - Conway Haunted House decided to fabricate a haunted house taking it to the next level of haunt. One of old technology, dark, misdirecting and actor based scares, carefully merged with that of new technology. High tech. high detail, and using all of your senses. The end result was pure Terror Under The Bridge.

[url=http://www.conwayhauntedhouse.com/]Conway Haunted House[/url]

This haunted house is over 8000 Square Feet of sheer terror. With different themes for each room, this is something that you don't find in other South Carolina Haunted Houses. Animatronics, over 25 actors and actresses, and an authentic haunted house located on the low river, as you descend into the musty hallowed halls. This is something rarely duplicated in the haunt industry.

[url=http://myrtlebeachhauntedhouse.net/]Myrtle Beach Haunted Houses[/url]

We will take you on a tour into the underbelly of this warehouse of evil. You may find your way through these old dark walls,some never escape. In this darkness, you will encounter some of the most dangerous monsters that are all waiting around every corner for you! This October, take the ultimate trip into the mouth of madness and deep into this low river haunted house where you will be forced to witness the horrors!

Conway Haunted House was rated the #1 haunted house in South Carolina. People come from as far away from other states like North Carolina and Georgia. If you are visiting only one haunt this year, this is the one.

[url=http://www.terrorunderthebridge.com/]Terror Under The Bridge Haunted House - Conway Haunted House, conway SC haunted house, Conway South Carolina Haunted House, Haunted Houses in Myrtle Beach, myrtle beach haunted house, South Carolina Haunted House[/url]

This once a year event is open to visitors October 27 thru October 31. A fun, thrilling, chilling, scary, yet breath taking and adventurous outdoor haunted attraction.
This haunted attraction was voted as the top haunt on the Grand Strand.

When:

Wednesday October 27th - 7pm -11pm

Thursday October 28th - 7pm -11pm

Friday October 29th 7pm - Midnight

Saturday October 30th 7pm - Midnight

Sunday Haloween Night October 31st, 2010 - 7pm - Midnight

Admission: $10 per person

Group rates for groups of 8+

For more information call (843) 283-9229 or (843) 421-2422

Directions from Myrtle Beach: Take 501 North toward Conway. Merge right onto US-501 BR/SC-544. Continue to follow US-501 BR. take the first right over the bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area