Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 780 times

Advertisements

I'm traveling from northwest Indiana to Columbia south Carolina next week. I'm dreading this drive. The mountains scares the " u know what" out of me. Drove their last November and to my surprise, skyscraper mountains! I'm very fearful of heights, I cried and prayed all the way through Asheville. My brother lives in Georgia and he tells me that driving to Georgia then crossing over to South Carolina is the best way to go? I'm driving alone, well with my 3 sisters, 1 can't drive a straight line lol 1 falls asleep as soon as she gets in the car, whether she's driving or not, then there's my youngest sister, first name Lead second name Foot. So I'm driving alone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 06:46 AM

790 posts, read 1,619,379 times
We have a daughter who lives in Nashville and have driven through the mountains on I-40 and have also taken the "southern" route through Atlanta to get there and back. The time required is about the same assuming you don't get stuck in traffic in Atlanta (getting stuck is highly probable...Atlanta traffic is horrible). So, if the mountains scare you, then going through GA is a reasonable alternative. My suggestion is, though, to try and time your drive so that you get to Atlanta mid-day. Do NOT plan to get there any time between 3-7pm.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:36 PM

312 posts, read 516,051 times
I remember driving to Chicago from Mt Pleasant with my son when he was 2. I loved the drive, but I love driving. I remember stopping at a huge farm near Chicago. It was a huge tourist stop Enjoy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area