Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 12:03 PM

215 posts, read 545,000 times

Advertisements

Myrtle Beach & N. Myrtle Beach are packed out this weekend. If this is any indication of Spring Break, a month from now, we should do good.

Many of the hotels are full and the restaurants had long lines last night.

Today the roads are crowded again.

Three weeks until the start of the season!

David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 01:49 PM

55 posts, read 137,171 times
This is not just myrtle beach, it's daytona, orlando, st. pete, south padre, jamaica everywhere is like this in march. March is spring break month where hotels are flooded and restaraunts however, it is not the start of the season. The season really is kicked off with the bike weeks/ memorial day weekend at the end of may and it goes till labor day.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet123 View Post
This is not just myrtle beach, it's daytona, orlando, st. pete, south padre, jamaica everywhere is like this in march.

This is the Myrtle Beach, Grand Strand forum, not Florida. All of Florida is in severe recession, boarding on depression. Be aware!

March is spring break month where hotels are flooded and restaraunts however, it is not the start of the season.

Who said Spring Break is the start of the season? It is a real good indication to the start of the season just like President's Weekend is an indication to how Spring Break will be.

The season really is kicked off with the bike weeks/ memorial day weekend at the end of may and it goes till labor day.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:52 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,775,681 times
I know 501 was backed up on Saturday going towards the beach. In two years I never experienced that much traffic on 501 and I'm on there almost every day.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:10 PM

245 posts, read 761,681 times
Actually the "season" is when large numbers of people start coming to any tourist destination and maintain it for a solid period of time. The "season" in Myrtle Beach is March through October.

That said ...this weekend was a great showing.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbychoice14 View Post
Actually the "season" is when large numbers of people start coming to any tourist destination and maintain it for a solid period of time. The "season" in Myrtle Beach is March through October.

That said ...this weekend was a great showing.
Thank you, sbc.

I was going to say that but didn't want to push being flamed.

David

Old 02-17-2009, 05:25 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Well, the marathon race was a big deal this past weekend. People signed up for it from all around the World. In fact many didn't know to sign ahead, got airline tickets, booked rooms, and then were told it was "too late" to get a number for the race.
This was a big reason for the large amount of traffic this past weekend.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,503 times
You don't know excited I am to hear that its getting busy before I head down. Now, I don't have to be the super drunk loud person in the bar, i'll have some randoms being loud with me. YES!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:52 AM

23 posts, read 52,906 times
lol, your silly!! I'm that super drunk loud person too!! funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
You don't know excited I am to hear that its getting busy before I head down. Now, I don't have to be the super drunk loud person in the bar, i'll have some randoms being loud with me. YES!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:40 PM

272 posts, read 730,140 times
Oh, this is so wonderful for our beach town.

Remember, when you regurgitate you're supposed to wallow in it.

Then it's off to Broadway at the Beach!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area