Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:03 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm interested in moving to Myrtle Beach area but with 1 to acres of land. I've looked in the Conway area but would like info about Socastee?
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 11:13 PM

3 posts, read 16,706 times
well socasteee has a mor of a northern tilt to it as a lot of residents of both it and myrtle beach are northerners come to retire or stay for thier own reasons, weather primary. conway is much more looking and just plain is more old south, very historic pretty and more refiined but defined. but if your looking to be able to hit the beach its 5 minutes on a good day from socastee and 7 minutes on a bad day, if your in conway its 15 on a good day and 35 minutes on a bad day or time as rush hour coming in on 501 stinks, if you can get a acre for horses in socastess better fo it fast or be prepped with some cash. there are some very nice places but price may be impressive to, cheap land here is vanishiing fast , conway is and probably will stay cheaper. also coastal effect wind and weather is less in conway , this is better or worse depends on your like, hotter with no wind in summer is brutal here and even worse in conway, on shore wind helps but by mid summer you have to get to the ocean or a/c big time, maybe even for a horse? nice places to ride here. wish you luck , uh hurricanes big one if it ever comes conway is safer of course.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:39 PM

19 posts, read 46,521 times
So, we're moving to the Socastee Area at the end of this month. We want to be closer to friends and family on the East Coast (Pennsylvania to Florida) and found a nice property with land.

We have met a lot of really cool people in The S.F. Bay Area and will continue to be thier friends.

We look forward to our relocation and can't wait to go to the beach!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:21 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
Hey Rapture.... what a difference a couple of years make, huh?

Easterner, you'll like Socastee as it is convenient to just about everything. Good luck!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:25 PM

882 posts, read 3,536,886 times
I happen to call Socastee home.. and I like it pretty well!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
Hey Rapture.... what a difference a couple of years make, huh?

Easterner, you'll like Socastee as it is convenient to just about everything. Good luck!
Now that I have been here awhile I would suggest Socastee also. Actually I haven't been to a town around here I wouldn't suggest. I moved to Conway, mostly because we wanted a large property but aside from that I would have probably moved to Surfside or somewhere in that area. I know Pawleys is really nice but I haven't spent enough time there yet to comment. My friends live in Socastee off 544 and it's a great location. Close to the beach, yet not in the middle of the tourist traps.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:40 AM

Thanks for the positive comments about Socastee. I'm so excited to get there next month! I've been missing my east coast beaches! I can't wait to taste all the good seafoods and BBQs in SC!

Old 06-14-2008, 02:55 PM

882 posts, read 3,536,886 times
Hey Easterner-
What part of Socastee you moving back to? Just out of curiosity...

Old 06-14-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
Hey Easterner-
What part of Socastee you moving back to? Just out of curiosity...
No prob, rrufast...we'll near/in a part that was zoned 'socastee recreation'. Off of 707 not very far from Heron Point and Island Green golf areas.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:11 PM

543 posts, read 2,363,665 times
I live in Socastee. My husband's family has lived off of hwy 544 for many years now (parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc.) and farmed on a well known road here as well. I love everything about Socastee. The access to everything without feeling over crowded is nice. Plus, our property is located away from everything which is also nice.
It is shocking how much land has gone up! We had ours appraised three years ago and it has since went up almost $20,000 more per acre.

Good luck with your move, Rapture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area