Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 09:51 PM

6 posts, read 11,281 times

Advertisements

We are going to be moving and are trying to get specific's on utilities. We are a large family, 6 people including me, husband, 2 sonds, daughter and my mother in law. We won't get into that one. At any rate, we'll be looking for about a 3,500 ish square foot house. The boys are not with us all the time, just every other weekend, holidays and some in the summer. I am trying to find out what the utilities run over there for a larger home like that. Right now our electric in a 2,000 + square foot house is running around 180 - 200 a month, water is about 75, trash is 35 every 3 months. I only need the info for those things and is gas expensive over there. We looked at one home but it is part electric and part gas. So if anyone can give me the info on how gas seems to run that'd help. Now, I know our prices have jumped recently, our power use to be around 150 and water around 40 - 50, so just wanted to make sure I have current info and specificaly for larger family homes.

Also, is Longs a family place to live?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 05:21 AM

24 posts, read 76,134 times
Probably the best way to determine what the costs would be is for you to contact the companies and get their rates. You could then take your current usage, which probably wouldn't change much, and determine the cost of that same usage with those rates.

The Horry Electric Cooperative's number is 843-369-2211. They service all of Horry county.

The Grand Strand Water and Sewer Authority's number is 843-443-8202.

I'm not certain who supplies gas; most homes are all electric. You could possibly call the county offices in Conway to get that information.

I think, but am not sure, that the cost of trash pickup may vary depending on your development.

Our second home, which will be our primary residence when we retire, is in Longs and we really like it. However, it is just the two of us at this point in our lives, so I'm not sure about family activities. You are really close to NMB however and I would think there would be a lot for families there.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area