U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 05:37 PM

5 posts, read 17,735 times

Advertisements

Anyone know a bank in Horry County that will finance a 7 year old trailer in Bellamy Park? In great shape need a bank that will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 05:51 PM

4,286 posts, read 13,390,609 times
Is that a manufactured home on leased land or with land? I'm not familiar with Bellamy Park.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:54 PM

32 posts, read 114,865 times
Good luck finding financing for a "trailer"... It is a depreciating box the second you buy it. The only way you will get financed (and it is NEVER a wise financial move to buy a mobile home) is if you have an incredible credit history and assets, but then why would you want one of these.

If the "home" sits on land you will own than it is very plausible that a mortgage could be obtained for that aspect of the purchase. If it is a leased plot than look for the park owner to finance you a repo in the park.

I write and own sub-prime paper. Some of the worst out there at insane yields. However, it is secured against vehicles I can take back in 15 days and resell. The unfair laws don't allow you to kick a dead beat out of a trailer immediately and resell it. Some states make you wait six months of losses before you can evict. Plus the "home" is usually stripped and destroyed when you get it back from those people.

If you can qualify, buy a real house. That way in 20-30 years you have a paid for asset rather than a run down fire hazard that will cost you money to be removed off the lot.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Is that a manufactured home on leased land or with land? I'm not familiar with Bellamy Park.
It is leased land. Bellamy Park is about 5 minutes from Broadway in Socastee.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hats View Post
Good luck finding financing for a "trailer"... It is a depreciating box the second you buy it. The only way you will get financed (and it is NEVER a wise financial move to buy a mobile home) is if you have an incredible credit history and assets, but then why would you want one of these.

If the "home" sits on land you will own than it is very plausible that a mortgage could be obtained for that aspect of the purchase. If it is a leased plot than look for the park owner to finance you a repo in the park.

I write and own sub-prime paper. Some of the worst out there at insane yields. However, it is secured against vehicles I can take back in 15 days and resell. The unfair laws don't allow you to kick a dead beat out of a trailer immediately and resell it. Some states make you wait six months of losses before you can evict. Plus the "home" is usually stripped and destroyed when you get it back from those people.

If you can qualify, buy a real house. That way in 20-30 years you have a paid for asset rather than a run down fire hazard that will cost you money to be removed off the lot.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it is paid for and we are trying to sell it now. Already in a house, and we do not want to keep it.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:20 AM

4,286 posts, read 13,390,609 times
I'm sorry but I don't know any lenders that will do a mortagage on a manufactured home on leased land. That doesn't mean they're aren't any. Are you trying to sell this yourself and trying to help buyers find financing? If so and you do find a lender, I'm sure they would have to have very good credit for this type of loan. You might be better off renting it out if it's paid for for additional income. You probably have already thought of this but unless you find a buyer with great credit or cash it may just sit there for awhile.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:57 AM

194 posts, read 671,278 times
I have been told that BOA will finance manufactured homes. You might also check with Upstate Mortgage.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 14,552 times
Default First Federal

finances mobile homes on leased land but I think they have to be a double wide.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekgirl4life View Post
I have been told that BOA will finance manufactured homes. You might also check with Upstate Mortgage.
Thank you very much. I will check into those companies. I gave up on this site for awhile. Thanks again!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoc View Post
finances mobile homes on leased land but I think they have to be a double wide.
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area