Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:23 AM

57 posts, read 101,940 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information about ATV trails/ places to ride with in an hour drive of Myrtle Beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:39 PM

882 posts, read 3,537,652 times
Francis Marion Natl Forest has MILES of trails. It's on the way to Charleston in McClellanville. Takes about 40 minutes or so to get there. Used to ride there a LOT before I got rid of the bike...

Have a peek around here... Francis Marion and Sumter National Forests - Recreational Activities for more information.

What type quads/bikes do you have? I had a CR250 set up for Enduro...

Old 07-15-2008, 10:13 PM

I grew up in NY so I was first and always at heart a snowmobile guy. As far as quads I've started with a 96 Honda 400EX, then a 99 Yamaha Warrior 350, then a 2001 Yamaha Raptor 660 modded out (totaled hitting a friend head-on), and then a 2004 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 that I sold before I moved to AZ to open a new business.

As far as ATV's would you recomend a 4x4 or sport quad in Myrtle Beach??

Old 07-16-2008, 08:47 PM

Sounds like you know your stuff. My cousin had a Raptor.. What a beast! Ridden several 400EX's.. fun stuff. As far as what to get around here.. it's really a matter of personal preference. as far as versatility, I'd stick with a 4x. I'm still stuck in speed mode, so I'd go the sport route.. Altho, the new Bombardier Outlander and Renegade models are pretty spot on!

What type business did you open in AZ? BTW- NY to AZ is quite a change, huh?

Old 07-17-2008, 01:37 PM

Sorry I meant 300EX.. but I've ridden many friends 400EX's as well..

I launched an exotic car rental business in Scottsdale. More locations planned soon.

I also have a finance business (I buy luxury auto loans and powersports notes).

Old 07-24-2008, 02:41 AM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,212 times
Anyone know if there is a place where I can rent an ATV or dirtbike, preferably at a track?

Old 07-25-2008, 12:22 PM

Baylovers-
There is nowhere to rent a bike or ATV at a track in this area, at least that I am aware of. Liability, I think, makes this so cost prohibitive that no one is interested in pursuing it.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
Baylovers-
There is nowhere to rent a bike or ATV at a track in this area, at least that I am aware of. Liability, I think, makes this so cost prohibitive that no one is interested in pursuing it.
I own an exotic and luxury car rental business in the Southwest and have considered opening an ATV, motorcycle, etc. rental business. It's not the insurance that is a barrier because to insure any ATV or Harley-D motocycle for a rental biz the rates are only about $115 a month with MBA or Zurich per vehicle.

The hesitation is the limited market in an area with lack of places to ride ATV's. In areas like Phoenix / Scottsdale where I'm from the biz's do great.

Also as far as motorcycle rentals in MB you do not see more because it is a driving destination, meaning everyone just rides their own bikes there. Places like Orlando, Daytona, Miami, Phoenix, etc. get tourists by air who are not bringing their own bikes...

Old 07-26-2008, 08:32 AM

acstr-
Sounds like you've got a good handle on things. I would imagine that the rental side would be no less risk than in, say, the parasail business. The bigger issue woudl be the lack of suitable property within a reasonable distance to your target market.

We *all* know that property in Myrtle Beach is not inexpensive, so one would have to venture out into the unincorporated areas of the county to find a piece of land they coudl transform into a practice track...

There was one gentleman who did open a track out off Hwy 905 but he ran into all sorts of resistance from neighbors when he wanted to expand. The expansion would have allowed for smaller, sanctioned races and the folks around him just didn't care to let that take place...

Old 07-26-2008, 03:27 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
Baylovers-
Thanks, that is what I thought. We have some friends in Manning who have let us use theirs in the past. I was just hoping to find someplace closer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area