Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 06:51 PM

8 posts, read 51,610 times

Advertisements

I have been in love with Myrtle Beach since the first time I visited when I was 19 y/o. I am now 50 and recentlly been disabled due to spinal issues. The cold winters here really do a number on my body and a warmer climate would be benefical because of pain. It's only myself and my 14 y/o son. Would appreciate any replys on reasonably priced apartment complexes, schools, etc. I would prefer to be close to shopping and not have a long drive to things. What areas are better for families and how to avoid the crowds during tourist season... Any and all input appreciated Since it's been about 8-9 years since I have had the opportunity to visit what's new and such that will help too. Thanks all!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 04:34 AM

1,143 posts, read 2,874,111 times
Hi SpiritDancer. Sorry to hear about your injury and pain. Hopefully the move will help. I'm not sure if you are able to swim, but maybe the dips in the ocean will be therapeutic.
Anyway, I have a little place in Garden City but no kids so I can't help you with the school referrals. I'd suggest looking SOUTH of the Myrtle Beach strip. The strip has gotten pretty seedy and I wouldn't want my 14 year old son spending time there at night alone. Surfside, Garden City, Murrell's Inlet and Pawley's Island are all very neat places. I prefer Garden City over Surfside, but that is just my preference because I have pets and the GCB beach is more pet-friendly. Traffic gets pretty bad in these areas, during season, I've discovered but I don't see any way of getting around that. Good luck with your move and let us know if you have any specific questions we can help you with as you investigate the area.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:39 AM

343 posts, read 726,295 times
In the areas that Tinabean is suggesting (Garden City, Surfside), the schools that your son would be attending would be the St. James Middle and High Schools. Both are very modern with lot of facilities such as libraries, computer labs, etc. My son just graduated from SJHS this year and we were very pleased with his experience at St. James.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area