Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 05:08 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,127 times

Advertisements

You want to talk about Restaurants!!!
Thought I would mention it since I see so many Jersey and NY transplants on this thread.

This place is new called The Italian Village.
Found it by pot luck last week when looking the UPS terminal.

It is right across the street by the overpass on George Bishop Parkway beside what is the now defunt Hard Rock amusement park. I think they call it Freestyle now.

Stopped in on Saturday evening and had the Penne Con Pollo, WOW!

These guys are not your Southern, hey let's open an Italian restaurant guys but full blown Jersey Boys from Newark with 2 cooks direct from Italy through Jersey, the guy is named Paullow or something like that.

The fella who sits you down and the guy behind the bar are older fellows and down right great to talk to, they have to be pushing 70.

The only negative is the smoking at the bar that reaches the dining area, but man the food is good. Been out of Jersey for almost 8 years now in Atlanta and the SE. The best excuse for good Italian here is Ragu pasted on bread called Pizza.

You cannot beat the good old hole in the wall independent owners. I hope they do well cause it sure is off the beaten path for Myrtle Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 05:17 PM

Here is the place since it is so far off the path. Im sure it will be a local hotspot

the italian village myrtle beach sc - Google Maps

Old 07-27-2009, 07:08 AM

344 posts, read 726,227 times
Thanks for this info. If your ever down on the south end, try Pacino's on Business 17 in Garden City for Italian. Little hole-in-the-wall place.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:53 PM

34 posts, read 100,069 times
I work just down the road from there (just started) and last night was driving by from the airport (windows open) and it looks good and the music coming out was awesome~~

I am definitely gonna try this place! Thankz

Old 07-31-2009, 12:03 AM

882 posts, read 3,537,474 times
Spoke to someone else who mentioned that another little hole in the wall was EXCELLENT as well.. Called Maggi D's. It's in the in a plaza off of Hwy 544 just East of Socastee Hardware... There is a Computer Inferno store there also which will serve as your signage landmark..

Old 08-29-2009, 08:38 AM

Planning to head back to Myrtle on business soon.
Is this place still there?
With the economy one never knows anymore

Old 08-30-2009, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 7,889 times
Default Homemade Italian

If you haven't tried the Villa Romana around 2nd Avenue South in Myrtle Beach you should. The owner is from Rome, Italy. Everything and I mean everything is made right there. The pasta, the bread, the soup, the desert is all authentic. I've never had a bad meal there. The Veal a la vodka is the best I've ever put in my mouth. They even have a guy who plays a violin to come to the table and play for you.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:44 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Now I have to make a list for this winter.......I love good Italian foods.
Oh your making me hungry and I have hours to go until dinner..........gosh!

Old 09-27-2009, 04:38 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,775,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Planning to head back to Myrtle on business soon.
Is this place still there?
With the economy one never knows anymore
Yes it's still there. The owner use to be a chef in a very well known (excellent) restaurant in NJ so I'm guessing the food is very good. We are planning on checking it out next week.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,100 times
Default The Best Italian Food in Myrtle Beach!!!

Italy in Myrtle Beach. Chef Paulo is from Italy and prepares the best Italian food we have ever had. Not American-Italian, but traditional Italian food. Meatballs so tender they melt in your mouth. Traditional thin crust pizza that crunches like a cracker when you bit into it. Even the bread is made from scratch. Can't wait to go back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area