Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:36 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times

Advertisements

I'm begging for help and being ignored. Bottom line; is it raining right now and in your opinion will it rain straight through the weekend? We're suppose to come down tomorrow and check out Sunday, but I don't want to have a ruined vacation and wife's birthday in a hotel room all weekend if it's going to rain nonstop. I have until midnight to cancel, for full refund. No spin, please tell me the truth. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 01:53 PM

43 posts, read 144,888 times
I have visited MB many times over the years and it usually rains for a few minutes and stops, especially if the forecast is as you said. Now, if there is a hurricane off the coast, that is a different story but that is not the case for this weekend. You should go ( IMHO) and enjoy yourself.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
I have visited MB many times over the years and it usually rains for a few minutes and stops, especially if the forecast is as you said. Now, if there is a hurricane off the coast, that is a different story but that is not the case for this weekend. You should go ( IMHO) and enjoy yourself.
Thanks for the response, but look at the forecast; it says scattered thunderstorms all weekend, 60% tomorrow and 40% for Friday and Saturday. We're not going to enjoy our vacation if we're stuck in a hotel room for 3 days, but id it's just rains for an hour or so and we can still hit the beach, then that's okay. I have until midnight tonight to cancel and reschedule. Doesn anyone know if it's been raining all day, and is supposed to continue to do so for the next few days, or raining for just and hour or two? Please help. Thanks

10 Day Weather Forecast for Myrtle Beach, SC - weather.com

Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Lightbulb No one has a crystal ball, at least not one that works!

Possibly the reason that no one answered your question is because it has been asked before (and answered!) several times and not all that long ago. If you would read through recent posts you would know what I am talking about.

For example:

06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
brandonhall517
befriend
10 posts, read 3,815 times

if you check the weather from now until the end up september, it is going to tell you that there is a 40% chance of rain and thunderstorms everyday. That is the weather in Myrtle beach, it will be sunny one minute and then rain for 10 minutes and then be sunny again, do not let the forecast change your plans.

[+] Rate this post positively

Or possibly you might have seen this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/myrtl...tle-beach.html

No one is here to spoon feed you! (Even though I just did!)

And yes, it is raining right now, but that doesn't mean it will be raining when you get here! (And that's the truth! No spin!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I'm begging for help and being ignored. Bottom line; is it raining right now and in your opinion will it rain straight through the weekend? We're suppose to come down tomorrow and check out Sunday, but I don't want to have a ruined vacation and wife's birthday in a hotel room all weekend if it's going to rain nonstop. I have until midnight to cancel, for full refund. No spin, please tell me the truth. Thanks

Old 08-12-2009, 02:58 PM

Also, I just wanted you to know that I did not mean my last post to sound harsh in any way. I just wanted to let you know why you might not be getting much of a response. You really should read back through previous threads.......

I hope you have a great vacation for your wife's birthday this weekend.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:00 PM

Oh, and it's not raining right now. The sun is out!

Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,346,282 times
Oh, you're serious. I second vrexy - we can only go by the weather predictions that's why they're called predictions and not all-knowing's. Seriously, come down and be prepared for rain but know there are things you can do if it is raining to have fun (aquarium, window shopping, going out to eat, etc.) at least you're not at work. Or if you're that worried and know that you will baricade yourself in the hotel room and be miserable if it does rain all weekend, then by all means cancel until the forecast says nothing but 100% sunshine for three days straight.

Last edited by JustinsMama; 08-12-2009 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-12-2009, 03:09 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,872,764 times
Hey Sonrise!
Go on to th beach. It is true...all of the forecasts always say 40% rain/storms for the MB area this time of year. It usually doesn't go on for all day, though there have been a very few occassions where it did when I've been there. The forecast may seem against you but the odds really are with you. While it's raining, you can go to the aquarium there in MB, which is really neat and impressive...a major surprise to me. The theater at Market Commons is nice and will likely have something you and wifey would like to do. The Bass PRo Shop in North Myrtle is fun to visit.... the other times you can spend on the beach soaking up the rays. There have been noticeable rip currents this year so be extra cautious. My friends get only ONE vacation per year and they are leaving tonight to stay at our beach place....they are not changing their plans and they have a rambunctious 6 year old boy who can not stay inside for long. THey are optimistic and you should be too. And I know you share a faith like me so say a prayer and hope for the best. Have a wonderful trip!!!

Old 08-12-2009, 03:21 PM

Thanks for all of the responses, the kind ones, and the, uh...

Anyway, we're going down specifically for the beach as it's my wife, 21 month old daughter and myself. I've been looking at weather.com like an expectant father and am just hoping for 2 or 3 hours a day of beach time, that's all. since I'm here in the upstate I can't "see" how it is there currently, hence my real time question. I just wanted to know from those of you in the know if, it usually rains all day, or just a few hours. Thanks to all.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:37 PM

935 posts, read 1,648,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I've been to the beach all my life, and luckily, I've never considered cancelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area