U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 07:09 PM

4 posts, read 4,102 times

Advertisements

My parents are considering retiring to Conway. They visited recently and met with a real estate agent, but were only shown homes in North Myrtle Beach. I'm not familiar with the area and was wondering if there were any new home developments in the 130 - 170K range right in Conway close to a major grocery store and drugstore and also preferably close to the historic district.

Any thoughts on the area from a retirement perspective would be appreciated. Right now, they live in western NY are trying to decide between New Bern, NC, Leland, NC, and Conway. They are trying to avoid a ton of traffic, but still would like access to golf courses, shopping, etc. I live in Wilmington, NC and can only can them a little advice on Leland, but am trying to help them as much as possible.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 06:42 PM

4,010 posts, read 8,925,228 times
Conway is a nice town, but there really isn't that much there beyond some nice homes in the historic area and the strip development on 501. Unfortunately the problem with the Myrtle Beach area is that if you are on the West side of the Intracoastal Waterway, you are at a pretty bad disadvantage when it comes to traffic.

I would find another real estate agent if they will only show you North Myrtle Beach. There are some really lovely areas right in Myrtle Beach that would be much easier to get around than NBM. Also look further south around Litchfield/Georgetown.

There is a great deal of price depreciation going on there right now to the huge amount of overbuilding that took place over the last 5 years. Do your research and you can find a pretty nice place that is right in the Beach area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area